Impact 1675 Fish Finder install

novakm

Cadet
Hello,

Brand new, just registered for this form. Hope you guys can help with a simple (I hope) question.

I just put a down payment on a 1675 Impact Sport, so I'm psyched! I want to add a fish finder, but the dealer is asking $2,200 installed for a unit I can buy for $1,200, so I am thinking of buying it and installing myself and saving $900. As I understand it, there is already a fuse and terminal block in he dash, and a hole drilled in the console for the wire to go to the head unit. I have mounted the senors on the transom before, so that's no problem. What I am wonering is if Lund made it easy to snake the wires from the console to the transom? I'm hoping they either made it easy to open the covered, carpeted area, or installed a tube I can snake the wires through. Has anyone done this on an Impact, and how difficult was it to get a clean install?

I'd jut go look at it, but it will not be here for a few weeks.

On the last boat I had, I had to run the wire exposed. Don't want to do that on this one.

Thanks

jbwe16

Cadet
Re: Impact 1675 Fish Finder install

Hopefully someone with a impact will answer you.
I have a 2010 Rebel 1725, I followed the motor cables with the fish finder wiring.
The cables were run along the side and a few screws held a cover that hid them.
Lund had extra fuses that are connected to the master switch.
Also a ground block
Pretty easy install.

Good luck on your new boat, We got our Rebel I think the year before the impact came out.

novakm

Cadet

jb - on the Rebel I saw, the motor cables are exposed for most of the way. In the impact they are totally hidden behind panels. Hopefully the cover is still just held by a few screws.

Hopefully someone with a impact will answer you.
I have a 2010 Rebel 1725, I followed the motor cables with the fish finder wiring.
The cables were run along the side and a few screws held a cover that hid them.
Lund had extra fuses that are connected to the master switch.
Also a ground block
Pretty easy install.

Good luck on your new boat, We got our Rebel I think the year before the impact came out.

DonHof

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have a Rebel 14.75 (2010) I installed a fish finder and radio. It's not hard you just have to take your time and find all the hiden screws and bolts. Had the whole front of the floor out to run wires for speakers.

Don

gasman1

Cadet

I have a 1675 Impact and the fishfinder was on it when I bought it. Believe the wires go to the transom through a channel in or beside the side rod locker. Shouldnt be hard to get them back there. I did some electrical work on mine and there is extra terminals to wire in on a seperate circuit. What motor did you put on it? Mine has a 90 Honda.

novakm

Cadet

Gasman, Don,

Thanks for the info. I should be taking delivery at the end of the month. Sounds like they have everything screwed in, so as long as I can find the screws it should be OK. I was worried they may have used glue or rivets and made it impossible.

I have a 60hp Merc on it, mostly because that is what was on it at the dealer. I hope I did not make a mistake. I think 60 should be plenty of power to get around, web site claims 30MPH. But it's too big for me to fish on my favorite lake, which has a 25hp max.

I also just found out that Merc does not support nmea2000. I was hoping to connect it to my GPS so that I could see trouble codes, and MPG. To do that with a Merc requires an $800 adapter. Honda does it out of the box. If I had known this earlier, I might have had them change it for a Honda.

gasman1

Cadet

I think you will like the boat. It handles the waves pretty good and is a great fishing boat. One problem I had with mine was the fuel gauge was way out and waited half the summer for them to try and get a fuel sending unit for the tank. I guess they have it in stock now. Let us know what you think of it when you get it in the water.

novakm

Cadet

She's in the garage now, and I have started the install. Running the wires from the back up to the co sole was a piece of cake. There was only one small spot I needed to run a fish cable first. The rest is accessible through hatches and precut holes. I did not have to remove any panels, or drill any holes. There is even a precut hole in the console for the wires to go to the head unit.

It's pretty tight getting to the underside of the console to connect the wires, but its all accessible

I need to order a ram mont before I can finish the install.

novakm

Cadet

So I finished the install. I was getting a little interference from the motor. Nothing terrible but noticeable. I decided to reroute the cables. I went under the center of the boat above the gas tank. There is a panel above the tank that's held on by about. A dozen screws. I did have to drill a couPle holes in hidden areas to get from the tank area into the console. I should have done it this way the first time instead of following the control wires.

DonHof

Petty Officer 1st Class

Glad it worked out easy for you. My fish finder went in easy, the radio was another story.
Had to take out the front floor. A lot of the screws were covered up by the carpet, just when
you think you had them all you would find another.

Don