Anyone tow with Acadia/Enclave/Traverse?

BayBoy1750

Cadet
My parents plan to purchase the Enclave I see mixed results on-line about its tow ability. 1750 Bayliner 3.0 I'm thinking it won't be a problem although I'm trying to convince them of the Tahoe but it drives "too big" and entry is "too high" for their 65+years of age.

They won't tow much since they have a boat slip except when bringing it to visit me. A couple hours away.

180shabah

Rear Admiral
Re: Anyone tow with Acadia/Enclave/Traverse?

It will tow that just fine.

The "no's" are just tyrying to justfy thier "need" for more truck.

shorts&chanclas

Petty Officer 2nd Class

5200 LBS with the tow package so they would be fine. that 3.6 liter is going to groan on hills with 3k lbs on the hitch. Although it seems to me to have some serious HP for that displacement. something like 288hp. Remember the first LT1's had 270? There is an AWD option which may give them better piece of mind on a slick ramp.

NYBo

Admiral

5200 LBS with the tow package so they would be fine. that 3.6 liter is going to groan on hills with 3k lbs on the hitch. Although it seems to me to have some serious HP for that displacement. something like 288hp. Remember the first LT1's had 270? There is an AWD option which may give them better piece of mind on a slick ramp.
Depending on the year, the dry weight for a 1750 is around 2000 pounds including trailer. Short of climbing the Rockies, I think he will be fine.

JohnPi

Recruit

One comment about the 3.6L V6 vs. an early LT1 - The LT1 had 330 ft-lbs, the 3.6L is 266 ft-lbs. For towing, torque is king, especially at low RPM's, which is where you need it the most for starting from a stand-still.

I imagine the 3.6L car would be fine, but comparing it to a V8 isn't a good comparison.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

I'm just a few months away from 70 years of age (alright, the cat's out of the bag) and I tow with a Yukon (same as a Tahoe). It does not drive "too big" and I have a wife with very short legs and she has no trouble getting in and out either. These are very nice vehicles, can be obtained for a song (relatively) these days, and are simply a much better tow vehicle. However if their towing distances are short -- that's a different matter.