Catch Of The Day!!!

ngt

Master Chief Petty Officer
Got to the hospital around 4pm on Monday thinking my first child would be born shortly after arriving. 7:42pm on Wednesday, my son Will Hudson was born at 8 pounds, 8 ounces and 20 inches. The most beautiful and grossest thing I've ever seen in my life, at the same time. :D Check out my boy!!

will.jpg

fishrdan

Admiral
Re: Catch Of The Day!!!

Congrats NGT!

Well wishes to mom and the little one, hope everyone is coming home soon.

My crystal ball is a bit foggy, but it shows several weeks of long nights in your near future. :D

Been there, done that,,, good times for sure!

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,.... Good Mornin' Will,.... May every mornin' be as Great as today's.....;)

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Congratulations!!! Let the fun begin! :D

sasto

Captain

Cool, ngt......Congradulations!

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Congrats NGT. That's great news! Prepare for a period of elation, exhaustion and frustration, sometimes experienced concurrently, sometimes not. Now, on to some of your favorite foods instead of cold pizza.:D

southkogs

Staff member

The most beautiful and grossest thing I've ever seen in my life, at the same time. :D

LOL - Thought the same thing 17 years ago! Congratulations, now you have a First Mate! Best wishes to all of you, and here's to mom's speedy recovery.

robert graham

Admiral

Thats a beautiful, healthy looking baby!...you got a fishin' buddy now!:)

ngt

thanks everyone! Yeah, I know it will be a while, but I can't wait to get him out fishing :D

Tyme2fish

Commander

Did the doctors weigh him on official scales or did you hold him by his lower lip and guess?:eek: Just kidding. Your life is now forever changed.:D

ngt

Did the doctors weigh him on official scales or did you hold him by his lower lip and guess?:eek: Just kidding. Your life is now forever changed.:D

You mean I was supposed to weigh the whole kid? I just weighed his rod and sinkers. :D

Jeep Man

Commander

Congrats ngt! Don't throw that one back. 8 lbs. 8 ounces is a keeper.

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

Congrats to the whole ngt family!!!

Post some pics of tomorrows "First boat ride!!!";)

BlkY2k

Chief Petty Officer

Congrats to you and Mom. One of lifes greatest treasures right there. In twenty years you`ll be wondering where it all went.

ngt

I'm 33 and already wondering where life went. May sound dumb, but stuff goes by so fast. Folks are getting old, grandparents are almost all gone, and now I have a kid, a home, and have been teaching for 8 years.

Right now though, I'm wondering where all my sleep has gone and it's only been 3-4 days. You guys laughing and saying "get ready for sleepless nights" weren't kidding. He's slept a lot in the daytime, but damn, in the two nights we've been home, I've been awakened after 2 hours (MAX)at midnight and not back to sleep for another 2 (MAX) until 6:30-7am. God Bless My Wife!!!! They're both sleeping now, and I'm about to do the same.

Man, I can't wait for a somewhat steady sleep routine. Any tips on getting started on training him for that early? We don't have any help and are mostly getting parenting tips from people I talked to at the store in casual conversations and youtube, lol.

foodfisher

Captain

Constant movement like a car ride or basinette rocker. Definately not sleeping with, It's a hard habit to break.

southkogs

Staff member

Any tips on getting started on training him for that early?

For newborns, give it a couple weeks or so for things to even out. If you haven't gotten a routine going by then, start looking at adjustments.