transducer cable

angler00

Seaman
any tricks?? have a DC open bow want to replace transducer cable what is the easy way of doing it??

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: transducer cable

How about a little description of what you have, what the problem is. All we know is you apparently want to replace the transducer cable. Transducer cable for what? Bow mounted troller with built in transducer? Depth finder only transducer? Stern mounted transducer? Through hull mounted transducer or shoot through hull. Transducer cables are generally permanently attached and potted along with the transducer. You could certainly try cutting the cable and splicing on a new one but if the cable is shielded, you need to reestablish the shield over the repair.

angler00

Seaman

How about a little description of what you have, what the problem is. All we know is you apparently want to replace the transducer cable. Transducer cable for what? Bow mounted troller with built in transducer? Depth finder only transducer? Stern mounted transducer? Through hull mounted transducer or shoot through hull. Transducer cables are generally permanently attached and potted along with the transducer. You could certainly try cutting the cable and splicing on a new one but if the cable is shielded, you need to reestablish the shield over the repair.

I'll get the hang of this when I ask a question to give more info...
I bought a new fishfinder and gps combo what would be the best way to feed the cable inside of the wall that runs to the back of the boat??? can I connect it to the old cable and pull it back or is there a better way ??

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

That's what electricians do all the time. Or they use a "fish tape". Provided the existing cable is not secured somewhere along the line that's the logical way to do it.