(New here!)1977 glastron gt-150

7glastron7

Cadet
Hey, later this summer i got a early early xmas present... turning out it was a 77 glastron gt150. Im 16 ive been around boats for awhile now, starting off with a 76 i think crestliner muskie 442, until the floor rotted and never had money or anything to fix it. (still have it). So now i own a 77 glastron gt150, and my brothers too, but he doesnt really drive it that much, so pretty much mine. its silver, broken windshield// visor, well, someone cut it so it has a unique shape to it. interior is ok just some 40$ seats screwed to the floor, it does the job, an rpm gauge, that was meant to be a speedometer gauge. a radio, crappy dual company with a tape player...:( and to top it off computer speakers :confused: and no idea why you would do that other owner... also it has a good running 85 evinrude 1980 i belive, and its cold blooded. ill put up pictures later. also did this boat have a gas tank in the front? all the weight seems to be in the back. so ill put up pics later, plans on fixing the rpms to speedometer gauge, and windsheild.

zopperman

Lieutenant Commander
Re: (New here!)1977 glastron gt-150

Welcome aboard.. :D

I'd be checking that boat for rot...

7glastron7

Cadet

i dont think it has one, under the boat we put filler and sanded it down refilled the area by the plug, i dont know though next time ill see the boat is spring. its up at our cabin in wisconson.

zopperman

Lieutenant Commander

i dont think it has one, under the boat we put filler and sanded it down refilled the area by the plug, i dont know though next time ill see the boat is spring. its up at our cabin in wisconson.

What?

I mean wood rot in the infrastructure of the boat.. transom/deck/stringers all have wood cores.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

hi bud.....welcome to iboats !

great christmas present.........i love the old glastrons. !

post pics of the boat......we can and will walk you right thru any issues you have with the boat.

as far as the rot this goes......well, just get the motor running properly......and as you walk around the boat,,,,feel the floor.....see if it is solid under your feet.
we can deal with that when the time comes.

cheers
oops

7glastron7

Cadet

View attachment 122317View attachment 122318View attachment 122319
motor is pretty solid. just takes awhile to start the starter is going out, my uncle took a look at the boat said it was pretty decent. he fully restored a 70's carlson cvx. but it does seem as if the old guy who had the boat just put wood over the floor, i mean the leak isnt that bad, only if you leave it out over night.... i usually take it out.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

hi 7

the links dont work....you see them but we dont.

read this.....http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=468676

i use the old school way......i upload to photo bucket......then resize to 640 x 480......then copy the img tag......and paste it in your reply.....

it looks like this

012-Copy-Copy.jpg

oops!

Supreme Mariner

View attachment 122317View attachment 122318View attachment 122319
motor is pretty solid. just takes awhile to start the starter is going out, my uncle took a look at the boat said it was pretty decent. he fully restored a 70's carlson cvx. but it does seem as if the old guy who had the boat just put wood over the floor, i mean the leak isnt that bad, only if you leave it out over night.... i usually take it out.

ok..........this actually means a lot to us......wood over the floor......a leak......

but....first things first.......fix your motor.....if you have questions on how to do that, post those questions in the johonson forum.

we can help you with all the rest.

7glastron7

Cadet

zopperman

Lieutenant Commander

I know you don't want to hear bad news.. none of us do... We need pics of the interior.. any soft spots in the floor? transom flex at all? put the motor all the way up and give it a good shake,,, any flex = bad transom

7glastron7

Cadet

cant take pictures now its in wisconson... but the floor is solid i would know because my previous boat had a bad floor, the transom seems to be good too. my uncle who is into all of this stuff checked it all out and said it was good enough to cruse around the lake. which is all i want it todo, and get some head looks expecially from the ladies:D also i dont have a lot of cash so this is gunna be a small resto. windshield, if i can find one cheap, seating, put swivels, fix someother small things such as the rpm gauge to a speedo gauge.
this boat is taken out after the day, considering i dont have a lift, my other boat floated away, found it 40 houses down the lake... odd right? and last time i left it out in the water it leaked about 1 ft of water, so i cant amagine the leak being that big.

dorelse

Chief Petty Officer

Well, you've got a classic. iBoats is the place to be when working on a project boat...there are some great threads on here. The resources here are top notch!

For Classic Glastron stuff, there are a couple of really great sites: cgoamn.com (MN/WI Classic Glastron Chapter site), and classicglastron.com (national glastron site).

Personally, my main focus would be getting the motor running right, and getting that leaked stopped. The transom & stringers weren't protected the best in our classic glastron's...so you'll want to try and keep water out of the boat.

Replacement windshields might be found at upd plastics...I didn't check your model though.

Welcome!

26aftcab454

Lieutenant Commander

memorial day 002.jpgsmallpix.jpg4th 007.jpg--cool boat--there are several Glastron restoration threads--mine in under Frisco Boater Glastron--he also has a great SeaRay resto too.

southkogs

Staff member

Welcome aboard - the Glastrons sure are pretty! I'm gonna' have to get one the way I keep talkin' about 'em.