Brown trout bonanza

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Maybe this is a once in a lifetime.
Today while fishing on Lake Ontario over 40 feet of water,I caught about 25 brown trout in the 4 to 5 pound range with 2 in the 8 to 9 pound range.I have never caught that many brown trout in one trip in my life.
The damage was done using a 6 color and an 8 color leadcore with Michigan stinger superman lures.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Brown trout bonanza

And no pics! Likely story. LOL

sschefer

Rear Admiral

Maybe this is a once in a lifetime.
Today while fishing on Lake Ontario over 40 feet of water,I caught about 25 brown trout in the 4 to 5 pound range with 2 in the 8 to 9 pound range.I have never caught that many brown trout in one trip in my life.
The damage was done using a 6 color and an 8 color leadcore with Michigan stinger superman lures.

Did the weather change to colder in the past couple of days? That will usually signal them that they need to fatten up for the winter. Folks up at Eagle Lake, Ca. say the fishing just got really hot, best it's been all year. I was up there two weeks ago and would have used my emergency lures (M-100's) if my matches weren't wet. I got my limits but it took everything I've learned fishing that lake for 40 years to get them. I sort of prefer the hunt but once in a while it would be nice if they would just jump in the boat... I'll bet you had a blast! Oh yeah I got all mine in 40' of water with 4 colors of 18lb leadcore trolling at 1.25mph using a SureCatch DJ medium watermellon and a threaded night crawler 4" behind a wiggle disk. We usualy run the worm back 24" but the oxygen levels in the lake were low so I shortened it up on a hunch. Uncle Larry's copper with a night crawler were doing pretty well according to the VHF chatter.

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Without pics... it's just another fish story.;)