1995 Johnson 130 HP No Spark

Bitmess

Seaman
Had an intermittent misfire. Replaced power pack, rebuilt carbs, and replaced timer base with a used one. I did find a loose flywheel with a bad key. Possibly causing the problems. Anyway, It Started up for a few minutes but now I have no spark at all. All cylenders lost spark at the same time. Would a bad timer base cause this? Any help would be great.
Thanks,
Kenneth

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1995 Johnson 130 HP No Spark

Find the black/yellow wire coming out of the pack and disconnect it. If you have spark, wiring harness probs. Still no spark, mtr probs.

Bitmess

Seaman

Would disconnecting the big red connector and jumping the solenoid do the same thing? The reason I'm asking is because we did try this and didn't have any luck. This evening, I disconnected the black/yellow wire under the pack but I still have to reinstall the flywheel before I can check to see if this worked. I ran out of daylight. I did check the 20 amp fuse and it was fine.
Thanks for your help. I'll do the black/yellow test tomorrow.

Find the black/yellow wire coming out of the pack and disconnect it. If you have spark, wiring harness probs. Still no spark, mtr probs.

Bitmess

Seaman

Turned out, the new CDI power pack was defective. I'll be getting a refund on that.
Thanks for your help.
Kenneth