old man wakeboarding

dpd2483

Seaman Apprentice
2 time out got right up and turned ok doing good for a old man 50 so you can do it to the men on hear help me a lot reeding the post and how to thanks

12vMan

Lieutenant Commander
Re: old man wakeboarding

No offense intended at all dpd, but I had to read your post quite a few times to realize what you're saying:

Second time out and got right up and turned ok. Doing good for an old man at 50. So you can do it! To the men on here who helped me so much by reading their posts on 'how to'.. Thanks!

That's so cool you're still getting out there! Welcome to the "Old Guys Rule' club, buddy!

cannonman

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I'm 51 and still wakeboard occasionally. We have found something that we like even more for right now though. We took the bindings off of an old wakeboard, added some traction tape, and ride it like a wakeskate at 10mph. The wakeboard gives you some control for turning and the falls don't hurt nearly as much with the slow speed. I also have an "Air Chair" that is alot of fun to ride. I hope to keep going til they take my keys from me.:)

12vMan

Lieutenant Commander

I'm 51 and still wakeboard occasionally. We have found something that we like even more for right now though. We took the bindings off of an old wakeboard, added some traction tape, and ride it like a wakeskate at 10mph. The wakeboard gives you some control for turning and the falls don't hurt nearly as much with the slow speed. I also have an "Air Chair" that is alot of fun to ride. I hope to keep going til they take my keys from me.:)

I had an Air Chair too until I got the Sky Ski with the shock tower. The shock has about 160 lbs in it and cushions the landings...There's no rule that says 50 or 60 isn't too old for this kind of sport. I just don't run 35 at 28 off any more :D

It's very cool to see someone take the initiative and want to learn at our age though, dpd :cool:

dpd2483

Seaman Apprentice

I had an Air Chair too until I got the Sky Ski with the shock tower. The shock has about 160 lbs in it and cushions the landings...There's no rule that says 50 or 60 isn't too old for this kind of sport. I just don't run 35 at 28 off any more :D

It's very cool to see someone take the initiative and want to learn at our age though, dpd :cool:

thanks old not dead yet.

marcoalza

Chief Petty Officer

2for a old man 50 s

Doing good for an old man at 50. Welcome to the "Old Guys Rule' club, buddy!

thanks old not dead yet.

Sorry, the problem with you guys is calling yourselves Old Men at 50!
How is half way through your life old?
In my book, and elderly man will be 80+ and proud.

Come on guys, at this rate you'll talk yourselves into a grave very soon

dpd2483

Seaman Apprentice

i did the same cannonman i have 2 boards one with building one with out its a lot of fun .

dpd2483

Seaman Apprentice

went out on the vault 144 monday for a ride i like the vault good board

sumdood

Cadet

im 58 and do not think it is a big deal to wakeboard at the age of 50. 50 is not even old, it depends more on what kind of shape you are in rather than your chronological age
Knees are beginning to go out though

PMP

Petty Officer 2nd Class

im 58 and do not think it is a big deal to wakeboard at the age of 50. 50 is not even old, it depends more on what kind of shape you are in rather than your chronological age
Knees are beginning to go out though

My knees are going out and I am only 26.. (6'4") I will wake board until I am in my grave..

TonyScott

Recruit

Wow! You rock! I still wakeboard occasionally but I don't know if I could still do it when I reach 50s. Maybe, I need to be in a much better shape and would have to shed off a few extra pounds I've gained.

whitehairdude

Seaman Apprentice

I wish it was around when I was a teenager! At 40 trying to teach my teenage girl how to jump a wake, I like to had died! Ive slolomed behind many a boat and had lots good wrecks!! Never have a hit the water so hard and so fast as I have on a wakeboard !! Rung my bell! I don't do it anymore! That wake surfing is where it's at!! Low impact and you can drink a beer while doing it!