port motor leak

finz up

Recruit
I have a leak in the area between the port motor and the transom. Due to VERY limited access and viewing room, I would appreciate any assistance in identifying the part with the hole in it. Looking down from over the motor, the hole is in a metal/aluminum part to the right and below the drive linkage. The motor is a 1992 5.7L, 260 hp with merc. alpha 1 outdrives. I am thinking it is an exhaust port, but not sure. I am working on getting a photo, and will post it if no one is able to ID it from this description.

Bifflefan

Commander
Re: port motor leak

Post a couple angles of the part, also one of the engine showing the area it is in for reference.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: port motor leak

I have a leak in the area between the port motor and the transom. Due to VERY limited access and viewing room, I would appreciate any assistance in identifying the part with the hole in it. Looking down from over the motor, the hole is in a metal/aluminum part to the right and below the drive linkage. The motor is a 1992 5.7L, 260 hp with merc. alpha 1 outdrives. I am thinking it is an exhaust port, but not sure. I am working on getting a photo, and will post it if no one is able to ID it from this description.

Ayuh,.... A Water leak,..??

If so, I'm guessin' the shutters got burnt up, 'n fell into the y-pipe, wearing a hole in it...