Get together?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Get together?

We have had several boating/camping weekends, or days, different states, different years. Kind of fizzled out.

I guess we found out we didn't like each other. :eek:

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

Stay on top of the "Boating Activities" forum. Plenty of get togethers. If you want one in your area, simply start a thread. That's all it takes.:D You may end up with some life long friends.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

Stay on top of the "Boating Activities" forum. Plenty of get togethers. If you want one in your area, simply start a thread. That's all it takes.:D You may end up with some life long friends.

We had a great 3 day get together in St. Augustine in June and another one coming up this Friday, just south of Fort Pierce, Fl. All you have to do is start the thread in a common area to boaters and see who responds. Our first one was a "what if..." idea and wound up with people from 2 states coming in. Absolutely great people and had a great time.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

We have had several boating/camping weekends, or days, different states, different years. Kind of fizzled out.

I guess we found out we didn't like each other. :eek:

you serious?......i can see differences....but for the most part....i have met 50 iboaters from every where.....talked on the phone to double that......good bunch of guys.....some of my very good friends came form iboats

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

you serious?......i can see differences....but for the most part....i have met 50 iboaters from every where.....talked on the phone to double that......good bunch of guys.....some of my very good friends came form iboats

No, not serious.

We had 30 people the first year.
Only a half dozen the second year.
Timing, schedules, families all got in the way that year.

badkins50

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I know a group of people here on iboats get together and cruise the ohio river down there around the cincy area every year. We have a little baby (9months) now so we could not make the 4 hour trip this year. Do a search for "ohio river" and the forums will pop up. Good luck.

aspeck

Staff member

... or you may end up with sasto!!!!! ;):p:eek::D

badkins50

I don't know it seems like sasto is just about every where its not cold LOL (if I could I would too though). I don't think he would like it too much when he snow flakes flying across the bow instead of Caribbean sun rays across the bow nor would his boat take the chance of having to be winterized.

sent from my bolt using tapatalk

badkins50

Mr sasto is an all around great fellow iboater (as many others are too). Usually when some starts a "I'm going on vacation to ?????? and I'm taking the boat" he'll be one of the ones to look for because chances are he has been there.

sent from my bolt using tapatalk

aspeck

Staff member

sasto ... Some Are Sicker Than Others ... it fits. (Don't tell him I said this, but he is a great guy that I feel very fortunate to have shared the deck of a boat for a few hours.)

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

I have had the opportunity to party for a weekend with him and his lady Kimi in June and will be doing it again this weekend, this time in his neck of the woods. They are a great couple and as nice as a guy as you'll ever meet.

VH on the other hand is a trouble maker...:D

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

I have had the opportunity to party for a weekend with him and his lady Kimi in June and will be doing it again this weekend, this time in his neck of the woods. They are a great couple and as nice as a guy as you'll ever meet.

VH on the other hand is a trouble maker...:D

Thank you!!!:D

...And that, folks, is coming from one who truely knows about making trouble.;) So I guess there's really no denying it!!!:rolleyes:

In so far as sasto (and Kimi), just think of the nicest, most complimentary description of a person you can think of, and finding a way to make it even better... It would still be an understatement.

sasto

Captain

Dang....you guys are going to ruin my bad reputation!

To aspeck: The feelings are mutual. It was a great pleasure to go fishing with you and your wonderful family. You will forever be in my thoughts and prayers. I am proud to have met you. You were the first iboater I ever met, and that expierence allowed me to pursue meeting other iboaters. I have met some good friends because of it.....Thanks!:D

To oops, roscoe and badkins: Having followed your threads and replies....you guys are on my list of fellow iboaters I would love to meet someday. All with a good sence of humor and very talented. By the way badkins, I did de-winterize a boat once.:cool:

To Fireman and veritas honus: I believe this friendship between us will be a lasting one. I can't wait to meet again soon....and I mean soon. See ya in a couple days!:D

To Machinist: Good luck on a get-together. You won't regret it. I believe Deck Swabber (Swabbie as I know him) lives within driving distance from you. I've chatted with him on several occasions and have hopes to go fishing with him someday! There are several others here I would like to meet, just too many to name at this time.

Good Luck!......and thanks for the kind words....even aspeck....I think.:rolleyes:

badkins50

Same goes for you too sasto - if your every in the central basin of lake erie - the beers are always cold you know partially do the weather lol. It may be a year or two before I can make the trip down south, you know with the baby and all. We do have family in the Georgia, and N Carolina that we try to visit every year. One day I will join the "what does winterizing a boat mean" club too.

Machinist I also just remembered that some other great guys put on a great lakes meet too, i believe it was on lake erie this past year in the wetern basin. If you ever get to make up this way.