Hit the Breakaway Actuator and Damaged the Surge Brakes

PHorgan

Recruit
I backed my truck over the breakaway actuator on my tandem trailer (please, don't ask!). When I pulled it off I yanked the "handle" forward and seemed to have partially activated the trailer brakes. The trailer brakes are dragging on the disk. The brakes aren't fully engaged though. I tried to drain the brake lines to release the brake but it didn't work. Any advice on how to fix this? I've never messed with a hydraulic actuator before.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Re: Hit the Breakaway Actuator and Damaged the Surge Brakes

Follow the breakaway cable to the point where it enters the actuator. There is a clip that needs to be "adjusted" to release the braeakway feature.

If all else fails, read the manual

Silverbullet555

Chief Petty Officer

Follow the breakaway cable to the point where it enters the actuator. There is a clip that needs to be "adjusted" to release the braeakway feature.

If all else fails, read the manual

x2. UFP actuators have access on the bottom and there is a plate that you just have to move and it will release the cylinder. Others are similar.

What kind of actuator do you have?

PHorgan

Recruit

x2. UFP actuators have access on the bottom and there is a plate that you just have to move and it will release the cylinder. Others are similar.

What kind of actuator do you have?

No manual for my Performance trailer (out of business I believe) with the Titan actuator. I'll look for the clip and/or the plate and try to release. Thanks gents.

Thalasso

Commander

Just google the titan model number and download manual.Titan is still in buisness

PHorgan

Recruit

That worked guys. I popped the clip and reset the breakaway lever. Thanks!