Trim motor leak.

Rift

Recruit
Hey iboats, first time post and I don't own a boat. My friend own a 2009 stingray 185lx and the tilt motor is leaking. As best I can tell it is a little white plastic release button that is leaking on the side/bottom of the line hydro line panel. When motor is fully up it slowly leaks from around this piece. Is there anyway to stop the leak without major repair of the motor itself and if there is what kind of fluid do you use in the unit itself since it's empty.

Sorry to hijack your forum with I know how it can be from my motorcycle forums, but help would be greatly appreciated.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Trim motor leak.

Hey iboats, first time post and I don't own a boat. My friend own a 2009 stingray 185lx and the tilt motor is leaking. As best I can tell it is a little white plastic release button that is leaking on the side/bottom of the line hydro line panel. When motor is fully up it slowly leaks from around this piece. Is there anyway to stop the leak without major repair of the motor itself and if there is what kind of fluid do you use in the unit itself since it's empty.

Sorry to hijack your forum with I know how it can be from my motorcycle forums, but help would be greatly appreciated.

Ayuh,... Donno bout fixin' yer Bud's pump, but it's a simple hydraulic system...
It'll run just fine on most any light oil,...
P/S fluid, ATF, Hyd. jack oil, etc...

RAYRAY420

Recruit

hi iboats. this boat has a vovlo penta outdrive with volvo 3.0l 4cyl. engine. it is my boat . thanks for any help.

RAYRAY420

Recruit

hey thanks for that link to thread. i will talk to service to see if they will warrenty this for me. if not i will try to tap it out and plug it myself first.