IT'S JUNE BUGS!

I just love watching them dive into a bed of hot charcoal.:D

The cats and dogs think their the best thing since animal planet.:p

If you don't have them where you live your missing out on some
great entertainment.:D

marlboro180

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Stupidest creature's on earth

Yeah they are really bad fliers. How many times do they have to hit a wall before moving on?

Oh, and they hurt like crazy when you are cruising out on the water, head just above the windshield and smack right in the forehead.:eek:ouch.

dave11

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hit one at 80+MPH on a bike in the middle of your forehead!!!

marlboro180

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hit one at 80+MPH on a bike in the middle of your forehead!!!
How bout triple digits???:D:) Flipped up my visor, got hit ...felt like what I imagine what it is like to have a golf ball driven into my forehead. The only way I knew it was a junebug was later on I picked what was left of his carcass outta my brain bucket...

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

May flies. June bugs, Fish flies, whatever you call them are really interesting. You can actually slide on them in full season when they are under a street light. Thanks for anti lock braking systems. Our children were in the pool one year when they came zooming in, forgot to close them garage door and left the light on. Had a gazillion of them in the garage :eek::eek:

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

No June bugs........ but Mayflies WOW we have enough to feed a small family for life!

Old Gray Hair

Seaman Apprentice

I dont mind June Bugs But I hate Japaneze beetles! Bought 11 trees for my backyard last year and they are a Jap/betle magnet's. Devour the leaves and leave them bare in a week. I can totally fill two beetle bag traps every four hours. I quit using those because I think they make the problem worse. Hope I didnt hi-jack the thread.

gonefishie

Commander

The g.d geese around here would qualify for that title. They would walk across busy city streets during rush hours instead of flying. I was in the middle of a pile up that almost happened a couple of days ago. Not sure if the idiot that slammed on his/her break to avoid them would qualify for the title too. The rest of us had to swerved into the other lane and the shoulder to avoid the pile up.

Shamus O'toole

Petty Officer 1st Class

ever meet the Florida love bug......absolutley the most useless bug on the planet. Hatch, mate (in air) and smash into the front of your car to only have the acid in there bodies damage your paint.

Andy in NY

Commander

i thought this was going to be about my father in law!

we dont get the june bugs that bad here... but this time of year its gnats, and LOTS OF THEM! i cant get through maybe an hour of firewood before they start to get to me. they fly into your eyes, nose, ears, mouth and are in huge swarms.

next up: fly season. we get them bad because we have sheep about 50 ft from our house.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Does nobody have "Fish Flies" ????

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

The Harrisburg Senators minor league baseball team's stadium is right on the Susquehanna River. Mayflies come from miles around to buzz around the stadium lights. You do NOT want to have a cotton candy in your hand in around the 7th inning when they start dropping :eek: