25hp johnson. now runing on both cylinders but still no go

evand

Cadet
so i got my 1992 25 hourse running great, or so i thought, the fuel primer was no good and dumping extra fuel in.... so its running on both holes now idles perfect takes throttle in nuetral no prob, but try to take off and it has no power, its not skipping or bogging just wont push the boat worth a crap, tried the carb clean trick (spraying in carb when under load) and it makes it die, so i know its getting fuel,pulled the carb and cleaned it even tho it was spotless, adj. the float. has good comp. in both holes. just no power...... i cant seem to figure it out...

any input would be great, thanks guys....

Cofe

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 25hp johnson. now runing on both cylinders but still no go

The high speed jet #19 at this link needs to be clean. I have removed that front fuel line and used a spray carb cleaner with a straw poked in there and cleaned it out. You may have to remove the lower carb bowl and make sure that jet and passage is clean. Rubber from decomposing fuel lines likes to plug in this area.
http://www.boats.net/parts/search/BRP/JOHNSON/1995/J25JREOS/CARBURETOR/parts.html

evand

Cadet

Main jet is clean, whole carb looks new, I pulled the main out and can see right through it, when u r running the motor under load u can see the fuel spraying out of the main jet circuit like it should..... I'm def lost on this one lol

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

Are you sure its a fuel problem? Try squirting some fuel mixture into each carb when it is acting up, one at a time , and see if it picks up. If that doesn't help, use an inductive timing light and check eack plug wire and see if you are loosing spark under load.