Who's boat is RUNNING GREAT! Lets hear ya!

mancho

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I love scrolling through the forums reading all the horror stories, from the drunken rich with the twin blown 454s to the po man trying to get the 1978 20 HP whipper snapper running in the bucket to get out for a day of fishing.

How bout a Shout out to those who have boats and THEY ARE RUNNING GREAT!?!

My chipped flywheel/hydrolock has been a thing of the past for a whole two months and I've since put at least 30 hours on the boat. LOVIN' IT! SOOO GLAD we got a boat this year.

Tell me your boat is a rockin and NO COMPLAINING of "oh I gotta fix this next and this... " LOL

Just post it perhaps like this

Boat: 1998 Larson SEI Bowrider
Engine: 350 2barrel with thru Hull exhausts
Recent Good times: Skiing, wakeboarding, & tubing the kids around the lake.

NO WHINING about repairs, fixes, problems plleeassseee!

Bass Tracker TX17

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Who's boat is RUNNING GREAT! Lets hear ya!

OK.
Short and sweet.

Bass Tracker TX17
Merc 40HP 4cyl
Fishing
GREAT

scrit9mm

Chief Petty Officer

NOBODY ANSWER!!

hahahaah. dont want to jinx anything!

haley

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Boat: 1990 Four Winns 150
Motor: 1990 Evinrude 60 HP VRO
Last time wet: This morning! Took kids cruising / tubing on Canandaigua Lake, upstate NY. Can see the bottom in 15' of water. Water was 78 degrees. No line at ramp to launch or retrieve. Thruway lady charged me the car rate, ignored the extra axle. Hung out with a friend at his lake side property.

JH

PS are there magical words I can say, or a special dance, that will ward off a jinx or other nautical bad luck?

nikon

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well after having the engine out last summer it has been so far so good.

93' Wellcraft Nova 202
350 Mag Edelbrock 4 barrel also thru hull exhaust (muffled thankfully)
Watching the fireworks by boat and it got us home safe!

No whining at all?Because I'm not hitting 4600rpm anymore at WOT, can only do 4200-4300 no matter the trim setting. And my lower unit gets stuck up if left up for a few hours....ok thats all the whining I'll do.

Needs a good compounding too :(

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

Shout? No way. Good way to get Godsmacked. But life it good on the water right now.

I just spent a week on an island running 2 "high mileage" old boats. For one thing, we have a source of no-ethanol gas now. But these are our only means of transportation to our place (see attached pic)

The 1985-86 Johnson 70 ran great. This is the boat that had a mysterious short that blew the 20 amp fuse for a year and a half. Had 2 different shops plus me on it, a dozen attempts, replaced the controls and the motor's wiring harness, found the steering assembly was slightly arcing the fuel gauge wire.

The 1800 hour Yam 50 on the 1995 skiff ran like a scalded dog. Still plows nicely through mud and sand at low water as needed. Trim getting a little funky.

Haven't run the 2003 150 in 2 weeks but it has been great all along. Will go tomorrow even though it's calling for 100*. Should I go early?

replaced the fuel pump in the '72 merc 200 (20 hp) but have been scared to try it out.

However I blew up the engine in a 198? F150 on the beach when the front diff wouldn't engage 4wd in soft sand and the tide was coming in. Can't have everything!

Attachments

• station 2 2011.jpg
    station 2 2011.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 0

Hunters Dad

Cadet

Boat: 2005 Bayliner 175
Motor: Merc 4.3
Recent good times: Took a boatload of kids the last 4 weekends wakeboarding and tubeing. Lots of the country is experiencing drought, but around here, the lake is fuller than it has been in the last 10 years and the snowpack is still meltin!! Woo-Hoo!

bouch1

Seaman Apprentice

93 bayliner capri 1800
120 force
took inlaws and kids tubing last thursday, we all had a blast, then hung out by the pool!!!

phone sails

Seaman

1982 Chap 204 wac
1989 175 hp evinrude
last time out was last sunday took a spin with the dogs from sanford up to hontoon island ,,baby ran great but then again she has always ran great with the exception of 1 time decided to once again use the belly tank without cleaning the old fuel first ,, love my old boat,,

JoLin

Vice Admiral

No comment. I'm starting a pretty long cruise next Tuesday. I don't need to tempt fate. :)

PiratePast40

Lieutenant Commander

1976 Fiberform 18' Runabout
Volvo Penta AQ130

Starts in a flash and runs like the wind - well, as long as the wind stays below 30 mph :D.
Have been out allmost every weekend this summer. Great fun fishing, tubing, exploring the canyons and raft-ups in the Detroit Lake reservoir. Have only had time to buff and polish once this year. Heck, I'm just now getting around to cleaning the cover and canopy and reapplying 303.

Don't know who said it first, but I agree with the saying: BOAT = Best Of All Times;)

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

NOBODY ANSWER!!

hahahaah. dont want to jinx anything!

You got that right!... 'bout the time you start talkin' trash something will jump up and bite you on the butt!;)

I noticed the OP requested no whining, but had to get a whimper in about his chipped flywheel.:p

StevenT

Petty Officer 1st Class

1988 Chaparral 19' Bowrider
5.7 Mercruiser 4bl Edelbrock

Running great and fast!!

Mike Zee

Petty Officer 3rd Class

1989 Celebrity 230
350 Mercruiser/Alpha
Runnin like an 09...
Fuel bill climbing higher than the repair bill!

tpenfield

Staff member

couple of weeks ago I hit a rock . . . busted the skeg and the propeller.

But THE BOAT IS RUNNING GREAT !!!

1991 Formula F-242SS
Mecruiser 7.4L/Bravo 1

It's 20 years old this year, but I cannot complain. The engine always seems to start and the boat is holding up well. probably will last another 20 years.

Bass Buster One

Seaman Apprentice

Finally,......my 1987 Venture Bass Boat w/ a Mercury 150 XR2 is running so great that I literally shiver at the speed when out there trimmed to the max. I've lost so many caps already. Now, I do have a Sea Ray that we're still fixin up, but down to the bellows and we'll have her in the water.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral

All my boats run great, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Let's take the '84 as an example. Bought brand new, BROKEN IN RIGHT, always garage kept and covered, tuned, water pumped, u-jointed every 3 years whether it needed it or not, and gone over by a pofessional mechanic every 9 years. He says its the smoothest running 4 banger he ever worked on. Had a starter go in 1985 under warranty (the kicker got us home OK) and hasn't missed a beat in 26 1/2 years.

We wert out 3 times this week....the heat is just too much. Had to take a few unplanned vacation days....LOL.

cpubud

Chief Petty Officer

Im not going to jinks myself by answering this question

sschefer

Rear Admiral

2011 Boat, 2011 Motor, 20 hours on her now. Runs great, fishes great. Just did a week fishing trip and pulled limits everyday. Filled it up (35 gals) when I bought it. Gauge is at 3/4 full now. 16' Jetcraft Falcon with 60hp 4 stroke EFI Merc. Finally got smart and bought the right boat instead of one that turns heads and wrenches.