Looking for operating manual for old Venture Bass Boat

Bass Buster One

Seaman Apprentice
Surely there is someone on this forum, or at least someone who knows someone, who owns or has owned a Venture Bass Boat. I have a 1987 Venture 18ft Tournament Edition bass boat that has a bunch of features that I'm not sure how, or if, they all operate. I've looked everywhere on line trying to find a boat manual for these boats, but, since they went out of business in the early 90s, they are either non-existant or no one has one. I even had a moderator on here tell me "They don't make boat manuals!". But, I know that this boat wasn't equipped the way it is without something that told you how it all works. For instance, there's a fuse box with eight or ten fuses and nothing on it to indicate which fuse is for what. So, that had to be explained somewhere. I'd really appreciate it if someone pops up here and says, "Hey, I've got one!!", or, "Go to this link". Thanks guys for the opportunity to post this.

ziggy

Admiral
Re: Looking for operating manual for old Venture Bass Boat

I even had a moderator on here tell me "They don't make boat manuals!"
i'd say that's mostly true. specially for an older boat. granted, my next door neighbor just got an '11 glastron. it came with a manual. but that's new, today. not yesterday. i have support from the oem for my boat. i've never seen a manual on my boat from my oem.
I know that this boat wasn't equipped the way it is without something that told you how it all works. For instance, there's a fuse box with eight or ten fuses and nothing on it to indicate which fuse is for what
lots can happen with mods for boats. specially an old boat. many folks add stuff to their boats that has nothing to do with what it was like when it came out of the factory. like me. i added my own fuse box for extra circuits. granted i only added 6 and then marked them. assuming years from now my mark is gone. someone will have to trace them out to see what and where they go.

click here for a generic diagram from the electronics forum here on iboats.

good luck in your search..

Bass Buster One

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the help Ziggy. I have talked with a couple guys at the landings launching they're bass boats and they are telling me they have instruction manuals. I did buy a generic manual for bass boats on line but it's really too general. What I do know about the boat, I've learned by flipping that switch and this switch, but some things don't seem to work with just flipping a switch. Seems there's something else that has to be done. Anyway, I'll stumble through it. In the meantime, maybe someone on here can lend some advice from their own experiences. Thanks again, Ziggy.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Surely there is someone on this forum, or at least someone who knows someone, who owns or has owned a Venture Bass Boat. I have a 1987 Venture 18ft Tournament Edition bass boat that has a bunch of features that I'm not sure how, or if, they all operate. I've looked everywhere on line trying to find a boat manual for these boats, but, since they went out of business in the early 90s, they are either non-existant or no one has one. I even had a moderator on here tell me "They don't make boat manuals!". But, I know that this boat wasn't equipped the way it is without something that told you how it all works. For instance, there's a fuse box with eight or ten fuses and nothing on it to indicate which fuse is for what. So, that had to be explained somewhere. I'd really appreciate it if someone pops up here and says, "Hey, I've got one!!", or, "Go to this link". Thanks guys for the opportunity to post this.

Hmmmmm show me that post! Over a 20 year old boat and I do believe the company was only in business 5 years and vanished. Hard to "guess" which parts they were rigged with.

Since most older boats are rigged at the marine dealer the link you were given to basic wiring is important and the manual for the motor is even more important

Bass Buster One

Seaman Apprentice

Bob, I couldn't locate the post as it wasn't listed on the related topic listing below, and it doesn't matter. From what I'm finding, a manual probably doesn't exist. Should I be able to prove otherwise, I'll let you know.
Venture Bass Boats were manufactured in Winchester, TN from around 1980-81, until the owner was killed in a car crash in 1992. During that time, they manufactured some class "A" boats that competed closely with Ranger and Skeeter boats. After the owners death, his wife sold the hull design to Carolina Skiff (who used that design for only two years) and then closed the doors.
I do have a Mercury 150 XR2 Operators manual, as well as a Seloc Service Manual that covers the 1987 year models. Thanks Bob.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Actually if you ever do happen to find a manual...... chances are it will contain Boating Safety information and info about buoys/channel marker's and lights.

They were manufactured from 72-2002 in Winchester TN