Looking to buy a "Tahoe", Any good/bad advise out there?

Jeremy90bay

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have been in the market for a New or Newer used boat. I was at Bass pro Shops the other day and fell in love with the Tahoe. It has everything I am looking for in a boat. My main thing is the fiberglass deck with the removable carpet and an I/O engine. The price is GREAT! but thats what scares me. Does anyone have any good or bad on these boats. My 1990 Bayliner went to the boat graveyard this year and its killing me to not be on the water!

Jeremy

TEutis

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Looking to buy a "Tahoe", Any good/bad advise out there?

After reading that all I can say is wow, I'll never even consider a Tahoe.

SAlexander

Cadet

There are some negetive reviews on the Tahoe's but we bought a Q5 S/F last year and you are right it had everything that we wanted/needed. We have a blast with the boat and get a lot of compliaments on it as well. As far as the removable carpet I am not sure because we don't have carpet, actually one of the things I really like about it, I talked to a few people and they say it is real hard to keep carpet clean. I am a firm believer as with any boat if you take good care of it, it will take care of you. I think Tahoe's have come a long way in the recent years the people that bash them have never even owned one. Hope this helps.

wingmastr23

Petty Officer 1st Class

There are some negetive reviews on the Tahoe's but we bought a Q5 S/F last year and you are right it had everything that we wanted/needed. We have a blast with the boat and get a lot of compliaments on it as well. As far as the removable carpet I am not sure because we don't have carpet, actually one of the things I really like about it, I talked to a few people and they say it is real hard to keep carpet clean. I am a firm believer as with any boat if you take good care of it, it will take care of you. I think Tahoe's have come a long way in the recent years the people that bash them have never even owned one. Hope this helps.

I agree with this 100% - I have a friend that could buy any boat he wants - he has a Tahoe and his family has a blast on it - he takes good care of it, it is a 2007 and it looks/runs like new. If you are looking at a lower priced boat - it will probably do you just fine.

You just can't compare it to a Cobalt. You get what you pay for.....the key is that you and your family have fun - and a Tahoe will most likely fit the bill.

cr2k

Captain

A bayliner by any other name.....

Jeremy90bay

Petty Officer 1st Class

Looks like I will be heading to the boat show to look at a few more options. I'm still not convinced they are " that bad" Like someone said in that thread, something catastrophic had to happen to that boat to make it that bad but I definitely will look at other options before I settle for a Tahoe. Thanks for sharing the link.