Mercruiser fuel pressure

Merc4ever

Petty Officer 1st Class
On the v6 4.3 mercruiser does anyone know the best way to see what your fuel pressure is? Place to get a guage? New mechainical pump? My boat would only idle home, chokes out when I give it gas, and now won't even start. I figure it seems fuel related because I worked the accelrator pump on the carb only see a cloud of gas not a spray then I pumped it with a hand bulb and then I seen some gas.

CobiaXL

Banned
Re: Mercruiser fuel pressure

On the v6 4.3 mercruiser does anyone know the best way to see what your fuel pressure is? Place to get a guage? New mechainical pump? My boat would only idle home, chokes out when I give it gas, and now won't even start. I figure it seems fuel related because I worked the accelrator pump on the carb only see a cloud of gas not a spray then I pumped it with a hand bulb and then I seen some gas.

Spray some flammable substance down carb,does the motor start and shut off?IF NO then look elsewhere.

Merc4ever

Petty Officer 1st Class

If I go electric can you leave the old pump in place with the lines removed or do I have to remove it and put one of those plates on the hole where it was?

Bondo

Staff member

If I go electric can you leave the old pump in place with the lines removed or do I have to remove it and put one of those plates on the hole where it was?

Ayuh,... Why do ya wanta switch,..??

If the mechanical is gone Bad,... Replace it...

Merc4ever

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have read it starts better. Do you think that's a bad idea? It's easier to just bolt another one in it's place and I'm usually up for whatever is easier unless it's really expensive.

Merc4ever

Petty Officer 1st Class

Has anyone ever seen a partial failure where they idle good but hesitaite when trying to go? I removed the check valve in the line so I know it's not that.