Dogs on Board

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Several of us seasonal boaters like to spend our weekends out on the lake. However, we always have to run to the docks at certain intervals so our dogs can do their business. I'm just curious if anyone has found a way to get their dog to do its business onboard. My dog has no problem going on the back deck of my boat when he has to. However another friend cannot get his to go in the area he wants his dog to go. He has tried paper, scents, and that fake grass. Any ideas? Thanks.......SS

V153

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Dogs on Board

Try real grass? Buddy of mine carries a hunk of sod in a plastic tray. Though I've never had the pleasure of witnessing it in action he says it works great. For his dog that is ...

RZR2007

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Several of us seasonal boaters like to spend our weekends out on the lake. However, we always have to run to the docks at certain intervals so our dogs can do their business. I'm just curious if anyone has found a way to get their dog to do its business onboard. My dog has no problem going on the back deck of my boat when he has to. However another friend cannot get his to go in the area he wants his dog to go. He has tried paper, scents, and that fake grass. Any ideas? Thanks.......SS

I use pee pads for my 2 dogs, they were housebroke using them though..

blifsey

Senior Chief Petty Officer

We've been boaters for 11 or 12 years but have just in last year gotten dogs and taking them out in boat. Our favorite lake has lots of wooded shoreline owned but COE. With water level being a little low right now, there is a fair amount of sandy shoreline we take them to. Our boat has self-draining cockpit and I've wondered about getting dogs to go there and washing it down with raw water washdown. Have heard of friends using the pee pads but sounds like your friend has tried that.

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

Take your friend and his dog out on your boat...let his dog see your dog take care of business...reward them both (the dogs) when your dog uses the 'poop' deck...lol