Does anyone recognise this boat (Manufactor and model)? Update: I BOUGHT HER!!!!!!

PPCS

Seaman Apprentice
Hi Guys,

Seems a while ago when I joined discussions here. Anyway I'm looking for a new boat for fishing and family tours. The boat I might want to buy has some issues I want to solve before I can buy this boat without having worries.

In the attachments you'll see pictures of the boat I consider buying. The strange thing is I cannot find a stamp, manufactor, brand, Hull number etc. This seems odd right? Maybe some of you recognize the boat, because it is an American offshore fishingboat that was imported to europe in 2004. I think that the boat is converted from heckdrive to outboard.

That is the second thing that worries me, but is seems that this job is done properly.

So: Can anyone help me finding the make and model of this boat and what do you guys think of the conversion that I think this boat had. I'll post some pictures of the conversion later.

Many Thanks,

Regards,

Peter

DSC_3792.jpg

DSC_3790.jpg

DSC_3788.jpg

DSC_3779.jpg

DSC_3774.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_3790.jpg
    DSC_3790.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_3793.jpg
    DSC_3793.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 0

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Does anyone recognise this boat (Manufactor and model)?

Not a clue, other than a really beautiful and unique looking boat. Could very well be completely custom made, then customized again later. She's got beautiful lines. That use of the rope below the rub rail is outstanding. I think with the right T-top and leaning post, you'd have absolute perfection!!!

I love that boat!!! I hope you end up owning her and have many happy years with her. Best of luck to ya!!! Sorry I wasn't more helpful.

DuckHunterJon

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I can't help on the make, but agree with VH - that is a beauty. I love the wood top deck. Very sharp boat.

As for the motor, that would entice me even more - but I like O/B's!

partskenn

Petty Officer 1st Class

Can't help on the make either, but that is a very seaworthy looking boat. The rope rub rail is a real nice touch.

robert graham

Admiral

Great looking boat. Is the motor mounted back far enough to allow for tilt forward?...looks pretty close. Maybe some type of early model Boston Whaler?

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

Looking at the shark decal amidships--could the hull possibly be a Mako? Or is the decal a sailfish? I can't make it out.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

The decal is a sailfish and I recognize it, can't place it, trophy? Anyway it has been "moved" from its original location at the stern.

The hull suggests a whaler or whaler clone, or carolina skiff DLV series. But the proportions look off--the boat is too short for the bow sweep. And I don't think either BW or CS makes an inboard. The CS hull is cheap and comes stripped out, so a likely hull for a semi-custom.

My Key West came with a smaller rope rubrail. it's a common technique on harbor work boats and launches. Looks better than the fire hose we put on our work boats at the hunt club!

But the woodwork is great looking, and definitely not stock for the USA. You Europeans have so much more class!

PPCS

Seaman Apprentice

Great! Concerning the looks I'm already SOLD to this boat!! Great to hear that you like the looks of the boat too. I just can't seem to judge whether the boot is solid and reliable, because I too suspect a partly home built boat. I THINK that the "home" builder did a good job and that the boat is solid. However I don't know this for sure.

As far as you can see on the pictures, do you guys think this boat is reliable? Especially around the back of the boat, where you can see the added steel crossmembers and the attached brachet for the motor etc.

DSC_3780.jpg

DSC_3783.jpg

DSC_3781.jpg

DSC_3775.jpg

DSC_3787.jpg

DSC_3778.jpg

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

the way the bow is, it's not a Whaler or a Carolina Skiff.

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

Nobody can accurately tell from pictures, about solidity or reliability. It does look great, though. It's absolutely worth taking it to an expert, a boat mechanic, or best yet, a surveyor. You'll pay some money and have the truest peace of mind possible.

That's one of the most beautiful center consoles I've seen in a long time. Certainly the most unique!!! The craftmanship, and attention to detail looks fantastic!!!

I would be proud to own that boat.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

The sailfish decal is indeed from a Trophy. Obviously, the boat is not a Bayliner Trophy, but probably just borrowing a nicely designed decal.

Jersey CI

Recruit

The rope work reminds me of Jata boats. It may be an old California skif model that's had a conversion or an older model. I own a Jata dynamic 5000 and when I look at the rope and GRP colour it does look familiar may well be worth a look. Www.Jata-boats.com

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

Certainly a surveyor would be a good move . However, certain things can be implied from the hull itself: Look at the woodwork--note how the grain is matched (booked) at the bow. Look at the other details -for example, quality and neatness of welds. If that's homebuilt, someone took their time and paid attention. No one is going to put that much care into a boat without it being sound. I would be surprised if a surveyor gave it a negative rating on soundness of constuction.

The only concern I would have is whether or not the engine bracket is stainless or regular steel.

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

Certainly a surveyor would be a good move . However, certain things can be implied from the hull itself: Look at the woodwork--note how the grain is matched (booked) at the bow. Look at the other details -for example, quality and neatness of welds. If that's homebuilt, someone took their time and paid attention. No one is going to put that much care into a boat without it being sound. I would be surprised if a surveyor gave it a negative rating on soundness of constuction.

The only concern I would have is whether or not the engine bracket is stainless or regular steel.

Not a lot of people out there, anymore, familiar with the term "Bookmatched", much less use it... It's nice to see others out there who have such knowledge and pay attention to detail at that level. I love being involved with boaters!!!

What a beautiful boat she is...

PPCS, Go have that boat checked out, and get her before someone else does!!! Good luck!!!

...And please, More pics!!!:D

PPCS

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks guys for all the help and positive thoughts about the boat! Depending on the sale of my current boat and what the expert says I'm gonna bid the owner.
If everything goes smooth I'll definitely OVERLOAD this topic with pics soon!!!!!

To keep you guys satisfied for now:
DSC_3785.jpg

(I know I'll have to refix the rod brackets ;-)
DSC_3777.jpg

DSC_3794.jpg

DSC_3770.jpg

Furthermore I know that nobody can accurately tell from pictures, about solidity or reliability. It is just that every experts' look maybe helps...........

Great looking boat. Is the motor mounted back far enough to allow for tilt forward?...looks pretty close. Maybe some type of early model Boston Whaler?
No the engine cannot tilt enough. The propellor has to stay in the water unfortunately.

I fear that it is regular steal, because it is painted. If it is regular steel, a bit of paint once in a while works too ;-)

Hopefully one of you still might be able to determine the make and model! The structural issues, I will leave them to the expert.
So the steel plates inside and the bracket at the back doesn't alarm you???

Regards,

Peter

Blue2Green

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I love this boat, she is gorgeous.

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks guys for all the help and positive thoughts about the boat! Depending on the sale of my current boat and what the expert says I'm gonna bid the owner.
If everything goes smooth I'll definitely OVERLOAD this topic with pics soon!!!!!

To keep you guys satisfied for now:
DSC_3785.jpg

(I know I'll have to refix the rod brackets ;-)
Furthermore I know that nobody can accurately tell from pictures, about solidity or reliability. It is just that every experts' look maybe helps...........

No the engine cannot tilt enough. The propellor has to stay in the water unfortunately.

I fear that it is regular steal, because it is painted. If it is regular steel, a bit of paint once in a while works too ;-)

Hopefully one of you still might be able to determine the make and model! The structural issues, I will leave them to the expert.
So the steel plates inside and the bracket at the back doesn't alarm you???

Regards,

Peter

Peter, the only thing that alarms me is... You don't own her yet!!!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Are there any number's molded into the transom? What are they?

PPCS

Seaman Apprentice

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I just got off the phone with the seller and I bought the boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is only one condition and that is that I want to see the hull cleaned and on the shore for inspection. He promised me that the hull is solid, so if everything goes well I am the proud owner of this boat. I still can't believe it............................

This must be my lucky week, because I put my old boat on the internet and 24hours later the boat was sold for a good price and the mony is already on my bankaccount!

As soon as I get the new boat I will post some fresh pics of the boat. I REALLY CANNOT WAIT ANY LONGER ARGH........................

Regards

BTW: My technician complimented me today with the Outboard motor. He said that this is one of the best engines ever made! True???

DSC_3790.jpg

Joshua Nichols

Lieutenant

Yamaha is a great outboard.. Take care of it.. The dang thing will run forever..