Minn kota 101 36volt XE control head need to be turned around!!!

Sandbasstard

Recruit
I just recently aquired a Minn kota 101 XE. The control head seems to have a gear setup that turns the shaft. I've never seen anything like this before as I've always had a foot control. The problem is, the tiller handle is completely opposite of the prop, much like you would see on a transom mount setup. There has to be a way I can turn the control head around so I can use it on the bow of the boat. It is mounted in a bow mount at the moment. I'm sure it can be done, if anyone has any info about it I would really appreciate it. It will save me a bunch of time and broken parts I'm sure. Thank you.

DuckHunterJon

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Minn kota 101 36volt XE control head need to be turned around!!!

Really can't help with the original question, but for temporary use, could you just reverse the polarity?

crablegs

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It sounds like its a 3x steer setup, there should be something you can do that just spins the whole lower completely around.

fishrdan

Admiral

It sounds like its a 3x steer setup, there should be something you can do that just spins the whole lower completely around.

^^^ That was my thought.

I have a 3x steering Vector with the gears inside the head. With the Vector trolling motor, there is a spring loaded thumb pin on the transom mount, that when pulled out, will allow the outer tube (part that does not normally turn) to spin around. There are 2 indents for this pin, forward and reverse. The pin is about 1/2" wide, 1" high and has a silver allen head screw in the middle of it.