2003 BF225 Exhaust manifold gasket leaking causing O2 to fail?

MIKENVAHBEACH

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Here's the back story; 2003 BF225, 1100 hours, bracket mounted on a Pursuit, I have owned since new and it has been maintained obsessively, mostly by me. I have had an ongoing issue with the 02 sensor for at least the last two years, resulting in it being replaced several times. Exhaust pipes have been replaced per the service bulletin #56 last year, the motor exhaust ports are approx. 10? above water line, I have had issues with water in the fuel in the past, so thinking this was the culprit the fuel has been replaced with new fuel and new Racors. The motor runs good but still throws the faulty O2 error code; I hauled it to my local Honda dealer with the hope they could solve the problem. After a talk to the service manager and explaining my situation he indicated for me to try cleaning the 02 senor and to check the exhaust manifolds myself rather than letting them go on a rabbit hunt tearing the motor apart to find the cause, so I hauled it back home. After cleaning the O2 sensor I noticed little water droplets after a test run, see photo. So I now think I have a leaking exhaust manifold gasket or a crack in the manifold since this seems odd. I also noticed little white specks in the exhaust ports near the valves and inside the manifold, see photo. Can anyone tell from the photos if the gasket is bad, it does not look too bad to me? Although I will replace anyway. Lastly I inspected the valves and they look pretty rusted, not sure how they should look with 1100 hours? I tried to photograph, any thoughts?
-Thanks Mike

Attachments

• web2.jpg
    web2.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 0
  • web5.jpg
    web5.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 0
  • web6.jpg
    web6.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 0
  • web4.jpg
    web4.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 0
  • web3.jpg
    web3.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 0

MIKENVAHBEACH

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 2003 BF225 Exhaust manifold gasket leaking causing O2 to fail?

BTT, Any thoughts?

MIKENVAHBEACH

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Looking for any input? Anyone?

dummyman

Seaman Apprentice

Looking for any input? Anyone?

Dear Friend,

Honda has sensor problems in bf 225 models and it is being replaced free of cost by the dealers as per technical bulletin. Please take it to your dealer if he refuses report to Honda service head office.

Regards