1984 century 5000 23 ft

rslore123

Recruit
im looking for a trailer for the boat i just purchased. its a 1984 century 5000 23 ft, with a 228 merc inboard/outboard. i need to know the weight of the boat so can purchase the correct trailer for it ..thanks

purdueosch

Recruit
Re: 1984 century 5000 23 ft

im looking for a trailer for the boat i just purchased. its a 1984 century 5000 23 ft, with a 228 merc inboard/outboard. i need to know the weight of the boat so can purchase the correct trailer for it ..thanks

I have the exact same boat. I'll drive up to where it's stored and see if I can find the boat weight listed somewhere. I'm thinking it's between 3,000 and 4,000 but I'm not sure since mine came with a trailer.

DSC00619.jpg

-Matt

rslore123

Recruit

I have the exact same boat. I'll drive up to where it's stored and see if I can find the boat weight listed somewhere. I'm thinking it's between 3,000 and 4,000 but I'm not sure since mine came with a trailer.

View attachment 82949

-Matt

thats great, im still looking for a trailer, its not easy.......

rslore123

Recruit

Ok, so i brought this 23 ft century 5000 that i bought off ebay sight unseen home the other day . I bought a used outdrive, i looking at the engine, dont know if it works, i need to redo cuddy, no problem i can do wood work. Needs paint job, needs bow pulpit, swim platform, engine cover,and much more. My main concern is the engine, i can have my mechanic look at that, but all this other stuff ????, who out there can point me in the direction to purchase these items NOT NEW BUT NOT OVERLY EXPENSIVE SO i CAN bring this century 5000 back to life.......MR PURDUEOSCH (MATT)I WANT MY BOAT TO LOOK LIKE YOURS EVENTUALLY. I POSTED THE PICTURE OF YOU CENTURY ON MY REFRIDGE, BECAUSE THATS WHAT I WANT MINE TO LOOK LIKE IN A FEW YEARS....................

purdueosch

Recruit

I'm honored to be on your refrigerator! Fortunately, I bought my Century for a little under $5,000 and I didn't have to do anything to it. I've seen several Century 5000's for sale for well under $1,000 (but they were a little rough!). So you could easily buy another Century and just part it out and then get rid of the rest. You might even end up with a trailer in the process. I've not been able to find very many used Century parts, but I've noticed Century used a lot of standard windows "Taylor Made", and standard engine parts, standard teak wood, standard gauges, etc. I'm guessing with a little creativity you can put yours back together correctly. I absolutely love this boat even though it's a little older.

BTW, I never found the official weight of the boat, but I'm guessing my original estimate is pretty close. The trailer I have is actually built for a bigger boat.

-Matt

rslore123

Recruit

i'm honored to be on your refrigerator! Fortunately, i bought my century for a little under $5,000 and i didn't have to do anything to it. I've seen several century 5000's for sale for well under $1,000 (but they were a little rough!). So you could easily buy another century and just part it out and then get rid of the rest. You might even end up with a trailer in the process. I've not been able to find very many used century parts, but i've noticed century used a lot of standard windows "taylor made", and standard engine parts, standard teak wood, standard gauges, etc. I'm guessing with a little creativity you can put yours back together correctly. I absolutely love this boat even though it's a little older.

Btw, i never found the official weight of the boat, but i'm guessing my original estimate is pretty close. The trailer i have is actually built for a bigger boat.

-matt

i found a bunk trailer about 2 weeks ago for 1,300 bucks taking up 6000 pounds and a outdrive for 500. By the time im finished it'll be about 5000 bucks. How do you know if engine is no good....can you send me pictures of the inside, so i have somthing to go by,, thanks

rslore123

Recruit

ok, i brought the boat and trailer home. i could see now the bow of the boat is striped. i imediatly start to tear this boat apart, the only thing left is the fiberglass floor, i see by the gas tank the stingers are falling apart. how do i get under the fiberglass flooring to repair,dont tell me i have to cut out the hole floor?? in the bow floor there is a hole, the foam inside is soaked....how and what can i do to repair this????????????? please help...the engine is possibly no good...what else, the bow railing is missing parts and no bow pulpit, but the good news is i only paid $250.00 for boat...if fixable....