he should have called in a Norwegian Ice Breaker

Attachments

• ice.jpg
    ice.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 0

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Ice Boating !!!

Ayuh,... That guy needs a Heavier boat, or less ice....

Up on the mighty St.Lawrence, they use 1s like This...

WIMUSKY

Staff member

The guy was determined. Nice ax extension.......

aspeck

Staff member

Been there, done that ... boating during deer season or duck season will do that too you ... broke ice for almost an hour with the boat and decided it was getting too thick and we needed to head back ... turned the boat around and got back in the broken channel only to run out of gas ... switched to second tank, but it was empty also ... checked before leaving by lifting ... it was full then - NOT, only frozen to the hull! Glad I had an electric trolling motor and a fully charged battery ... there was no one else on the lake that day! Wonder why??? HA!

Yep, stupid is as stupid does!

sasto

Captain

I'm glad we don't have ice here, I could have easily fell in his footsteps. I did get brave onetime and put an ice cube in my bubble bath.

texasabil

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'll stick to hunting in the winter!!!!!!:D

smclear

Chief Petty Officer

that looks really fun and cold. any idea how fast they were going? do you live on the lake? that ice is really smooth.

I don't live there but the house has been in the family for 4 generations now. Looks to me like they might be going 40 +/- in some spots. Don't really know, but I'd be willing to take out my GPS for a ice-trial. Not sure what the deal is with the ice. I don't go up in the winter very often, but I've never seen the ice that smooth. I am guessing here, but my thought is there was a warm day or two (and calm) before they shot this. Perhaps the surface ice melted just enough to "glass over" like that. I'd love to hear from others on how the ice got so smooth. It's a 3,200 acre lake, not huge, but not to small either.

gonefishie

Commander

Sweet. It's my favorite lake in the state. Wish I have a pad on it or know someone who has a place on it. Are you directly on the lake or in one of the channels? Maybe the sun melted the snow and a freak occurence (no wind) for a day or two glass over the lake. I've never seen that lake lays flat, always at least a small ripple. I described it to others that haven't been there as a giant glass of Rolling Rock because of the foam on top of the gin clear greenish water.

smclear

Chief Petty Officer

Sweet. It's my favorite lake in the state. Wish I have a pad on it or know someone who has a place on it. Are you directly on the lake or in one of the channels? Maybe the sun melted the snow and a freak occurence (no wind) for a day or two glass over the lake. I've never seen that lake lays flat, always at least a small ripple. I described it to others that haven't been there as a giant glass of Rolling Rock because of the foam on top of the gin clear greenish water.

We're on a channel. I used to want to be right on the lake until I grew up and discovered a wonderful thing called 'property tax'. Now I'm happy to be on a channel. Besides, we're so close to the mouth of the channel we can be "on the lake" in 30 seconds. Plus, we're 2 minutes to town (very convenient) and just down from the Frog. The lake is typically flat early in the mornings. I love those early morning coffee cruises. See attached pics. One showing the quiet peacefulness of the early morning, and the others showing our channel in relation to the lake.

Attachments

• channel2.JPG
    channel2.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 0
  • channel.JPG
    channel.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 0
  • early moning.JPG
    early moning.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 0

thurps

Chief Petty Officer