You gotta like the attitude of the Russians

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowman316

Lieutenant Commander
I was watching a show last night about WW II, and they were giving quotes from stalin about his advice to his army. And he said something like this...
Don't count the number of days that pass, only count the number of Germans that you kill. Kill every german you see."
These guys would even kill german woman and children.
The Germans pissed them off, and they got even. I kinda like that about the russians. they do what ever they have to do, and they don't care about what is right or not. They were like a mad man bent on killing them all.
Kinda suits my style more than the us attitude of "lets always do what is right".

Yea, i guess it's not that cool to kill women and children, but where your at war, there are no rules. I don't care what the geniva convention says. You just don't mess with Russia.

jspansel

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: You gotta like the attitude of the Russians

:eek: Sorry, not diggin that last part. Dont care if its war or not...

GLENN M

Petty Officer 1st Class

the americans 'lets always do what is right' dont believe that hype.the germans slaughtered millions and millions of russian civialians.when war was over americans taxed japan 30 trillion dollars,russia tried to tax germany americans said no[being only country nuclear bomb] thats why russia put up iron curtain

Bifflefan

Commander

Yea, i guess it's not that cool to kill women and children, but where your at war, there are no rules. I don't care what the geniva convention says. You just don't mess with Russia.

Spoken like a person that has never served a day for his/her country.
I risked my life so pepole like you have the right to post things like this.

I guess all I can say to you is, Your Welcome.

PGFISHER

Petty Officer 1st Class

I also served and found that there certainly ARE rules for war; there are three.

To reduce overpopulation; kill as many of the "enemy" as possible.

To further reduce population; put as many people of breeding age as possible on the front lines.

Conscript the less inteligent and poor for front line duty to improve the breeding stock that remains.

Without greed, patriotism, ideology, and religion, the population of earth would be more like 20 billion instead of the 6 billion we now have.

I salute the soldiers of all countries for making the world a better place.

mscher

Lieutenant

Let's not try to repaint history, with a rose-colored brush.

Stalin was just a kinder, gentler, version of Adoph Hitler.

The Russian Army was nearly as atrocious as the Germans.

Either of the two could have cared less, about honoring the Geneva Convention.

They did what they thought they had to do. Nice to see that in the end, that good triumphed.

bowman316

Lieutenant Commander

i kinda wonder why the us still is hostile towards Russia. We have a common enemy now. They don't like the middle east either.
But i think they hate Isreal like everyone else does.

Or maybe the US does not like how Russia does not always follow the rules.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Guys lets not forget that Russia was fighting for its life, Germany held alot of Russia and while our homeland has never been in jeopardy like Russia's was in WWII I think it would be foolish of us to assume we would be any different if we were in the same shoes. Also every Russian was fighting in WWII men women and children, If Germany hadn't run into the Russian Winter it could be argued that Russia could be speaking a different language today.

Huron Angler

Admiral

I categorize Hitler and Stalin both as unkind, non-gentle sociopaths that are responsible for the death of millions of innocent people.

Last I checked Stalin killed more than Hitler.

As far as modern Russia being admirable, I view them as a nation controlled by mafia. If that is cooler then living in a free country that respects individual rights and freedoms then consider me uncool.

j_martin

Admiral

When society allows or even approves moral depravity, like the OP is praising, it never ends well.

What scares me is that this society is also doing the same. You don't need a litany, just check the news.

bowman316

Lieutenant Commander

oh yea, the only reason russia won was because of the winter.
Germany invaded in june, which was smart, becasue you avoid the winter.
but they did not get the hell out of there before the next winter hit.

no invading army has ever benn able to withstand the russian winter.

the russians would rather burn their own country down to starve you out, than let you win. the slash and burn strategy.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

oh yea, the only reason russia won was because of the winter.
Germany invaded in june, which was smart, becasue you avoid the winter.
but they did not get the hell out of there before the next winter hit.

no invading army has ever benn able to withstand the russian winter.

the russians would rather burn their own country down to starve you out, than let you win. the slash and burn strategy.

Absolutely no disagreement there, but like I said I'm not sure that we (the United States) would be any different you know? Or the British either, who knows? I could be completely wrong but were just guessing. There is no doubt though EXACTLY what the Russians are willing to do should their country get invaded by a foreign army, And that is a pretty big reason why people have to take them seriously since Communism collapsed. They may not be as strong on a world wide scale as they once were but they are still a formidable people. IMO I still believe they are number 2 behind us, alot of people would put China in there but I think they are number 3, they're military and weaponry are not tested like Russia's are so to truly put a value on their strength is hypothetical at best. But this is all just the opinion of a midwestern redneck and whats that worth!

PGFISHER

Petty Officer 1st Class

If you must bring morality into a look at war, then war itself is immoral; it's licensed murder. Rules are meant to keep society moral. How can we make rules on how much immorality is alowable?

royal0014

Master Chief Petty Officer

Yep, I see a poof in the near future.....

<<)))(((>>

waterinthefuel

Commander

ce56dd91_in_before_lock.gif

QC

Supreme Mariner

Omg . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.