Volvo Outdrive "out of whack" Help???

Last season I was cutting accross the lake in my Cobalt 232 1995 when.................... wham, I hit a hidden tree stump, after I realized what had happened, my outdrive was Knocked out of adjustment (tilt/trim won't allow trim all the way down and up goes into the swim platform). I see there is an elctronic control module that you can reset the "up" and "down" settings by using a button set in a certain position to do so, but, not familiar with this system, I need help! Anyone out there with knowledge of this system that can help guide me as to exactly which settings I need to "reset" my trim with?? Any help would be greatly appreciated, if I can help someone else with any knowledge I possess I will gladly do so, I am a VERY hands on kind of guy, I just hate to pay a "stealership" to do something I'm sure is VERY simple.

Scott.

LAC_STS

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Volvo Outdrive "out of whack" Help???

I'll say it before somebody else does.

What engine / drive you got?

The oem manual should give you directions for doing it. An oem manual is you #1 ticket to staying away from the stealership.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious..........DOH!! Engine/7.4 (Chevy 454) Volvo DP outdrive (Duo-Prop)

Again, Thanks, sometimes I cannot see the tree's for the forest!

Scott

Brewoz

Recruit

I have a pdf of Volvo's limit control. I tried to post it but it is to big. Email me and I can send it to you. (private message)

Keith

Brewoz

Recruit

A Volvo dealer gave me a copy. I tried to clean it up and scan it to pdf. Its the best I could do.
Don let me know if you got ok.

Keith

WOW! Don and Brewz, Thank you so much, this is exactly what I needed, can't Thank You enough!!!! I will report back once I have it set and done. It may be a little while, possibly after the first of the year as my doughter is about to give us our third Grandchild, and she is 6.5 hours West of Dallas, we will be driving out shortly and won't be back until after the first.

Thanks again, wait.............did I already say that? Oh well, sure appreciate the guidance and access to the file!

Scott