Motorguide Wireless Problem - Beeper

crabman00

Recruit
I have a new Motorguide Wireless 70. 24 volt system.
Motor has a beeper to indicate on/off and any change of speed or direction. After 20 minutes of operation, beeper sound started fading and then finally stopped working. The motor continues to run fine, but the beeper sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Can hear what sounds like a relay switch click but no beep. Took it to a service center, and the guy said it worked for him. Called him back and he seems to be ignoring me. Put it back on my boat and it works sometimes, but most of the time it doesn't. Very frustrating.
Has anyone else experienced this problem, or any ideas on what could be causing the erratic operation of the beeper. Have used the motor several times and motor runs great, but when at low speed in wind, sometimes don't know when motor is on or off.

Thanks for any ideas!

bear_69cuda

Commander
Re: Motorguide Wireless Problem - Beeper

Maybe the remote battery is toast? I hate the beep myself and need to figure out how to turn it off....

crabman00

Recruit

Bear,
You never miss it 'till it's gone. Wish I lived closer to you, we could swap motors.

John_S

Rear Admiral

I have not had any issue with the beeper on my W45. While sometimes, it seems loud, I would not go without it. Many times I am running mine from the back of the boat, and like the confirmation beeps so I know it is on or off or received the turn command.

I believe the beeper is soldered to a circuit board, and is part of the turn motor control and speed control. I'd bet it is expensive to replace and they don't sell individual components. Maybe record the normal beep and dieing beep to convince the service shop there is a problem. Cell phone might be able to do it, and just record both from same distance and postion.

I haven't had a reason to open mine up and see the circuit board. If it is easy access, might want to view it to see if there was obvious corrosion or evidence of water in there.