Where is your favorite boating destination?

NOTW

Seaman Apprentice
So where is your favorite place to boat? Mine hands down in Destin Fl in the Choctawhatchee bay and around Crab Island! I can't wait to get my Sea Ray down there!

rwidman

Lieutenant
Re: Where is your favorite boating destination?

So where is your favorite place to boat? Mine hands down in Destin Fl in the Choctawhatchee bay and around Crab Island! I can't wait to get my Sea Ray down there!

Anywhere on the Atlantic ICW.

My "dream trip" Is from Charleston, SC to the St Johns River in FL and then up the river to Monroe. And back of course. That's about a month worth of cruising.

The Chesapeake Bay is a great place to boat but it's a short season.

79Merc80

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Mine used to be Trinity Lake in Northern CA. Now it's Priest Lake and Pend O'reille lake in North Idaho. Although Trinity Lake holds a special place in my heart from the number of years I had been going there. There is a LOT of the Pend O'reille that I haven't seen yet and some of the Priest Lake as well.

Gulfcoasters

Seaman Apprentice

Hands down, Ft. McRee, Gulf Islands National Sea Shore at Pensacola Pass, Pensacola, FL

Here is our favorite overnight anchorage

main.php

This is in the Gulf about 2 miles west of the Pass last summer on the old boat. I tried to sell the picture to the Corona folks...

main.php

And of course, Pensacola Beach for the Blue Angels beach show. This is the 2009 show

main.php

main.php

steddy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I gotta go with Torch Lake in Michigan. It's only about 135 miles north of where I live. National Geographic calls it "The Caribbean of the North." Bluest of blue waters, big huge sand bar complete with pizza delivery, miles upon miles of shoreline, and a huge chain of lakes in the area, so as not to get bored with any scenery.

NOTW

Seaman Apprentice

I gotta go with Torch Lake in Michigan. It's only about 135 miles north of where I live. National Geographic calls it "The Caribbean of the North." Bluest of blue waters, big huge sand bar complete with pizza delivery, miles upon miles of shoreline, and a huge chain of lakes in the area, so as not to get bored with any scenery.

A friend of mine runs Offshore Excursions in Traverse City. He was telling me about Torch Lake and I plan to make the trip up from Cincinnati next season. It looks incredible!