Omc King Cobra Spirfire ignition conversion

greg6738

Recruit
I am looking for a conversion kit to remove the spitfire ignition from my 1991 King Cobra 454 to a standard ignition system. Anyone know where i can find one? Thanks

88Chapie

Recruit
Re: Omc King Cobra Spirfire ignition conversion

Don't know of any conversion kit. A buddy had the same King Cobra 454. He was having trouble with the ignition module. Couldn't find anything or anyone on it. Found one shop here that would actually work on it and they had to rewire it with an MSD ignition, new distributor and module. Took it to several shops before he found someone who knew what they were doing.

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner

Greg,

I didn't mention it in my previous message, but there's been more than a few that have used an MSD marine distributor.

I also think Mallory has one and there's others.

You've probably found that there are no replacement parts for the Spitfire system.

Take VERY good care of your engine, and drive. There's also no exhaust
manifolds, coupler or certain drive parts either.

Regards,

Rick

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Take VERY good care of your engine, and drive. There's also no exhaust
manifolds, coupler or certain drive parts either.
Regards,

Rick

No problem with 7.4 manifolds, coupler's etc. Volvo has them. Their 94 and newer are the same thing. The Ford 460's had problems with manifolds and couplers, not the Chevy engines.

Drive parts on the other hand, is another story.

Click Here for a Delco EST ignition kit for the BBC engines.

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner

No problem with 7.4 manifolds, coupler's etc. Volvo has them. Their 94 and newer are the same thing. The Ford 460's had problems with manifolds and couplers, not the Chevy engines.

Drive parts on the other hand, is another story.

There I go not reading closely!!!! I was thinking 7.5L (460)!!

I guess there is the guy in Canada that machines/redrills the 460 flywheel for a different coupler and there's either the aluminum 460 heads with 454 exhaust bolt pattern and the adapter plates that allow using 454 manifolds on regular 460 heads.........

454! I have one of those now!!!!
toothlessgiggler.gif
......I need coffee!!!!!