Lumber Yard Woes

Autotech

Petty Officer 1st Class
Here's the story I've been buying all my lumber to build my cabin on the lake from the same company since October of last year. (Sales guy is my wifes cousin.) And every thing has been cheaper than Lowes and other local yards.(I've checked around). Thing is he hands me a sheet of paper that says if I buy over 5 grand I'll get a 10% discount at the end of the month if I pay before the 10th:). Sounds good to me which I have done:). Last month I spent 3,800.00 which put me over the 5 grand mark (actually closer to 7grand) so I'm thinking thats a 380.00 dollar savings:eek:. Got my bill and it only showed a 5%discount no problem I'll just ask about it when I go to pay. Take all my reciets in and the lady says I'll have to ask the manager why he only gave you 5% instead of 10%. But he is not here today come back before the 10th. and I will ask him. Go back today and he is there says He said,"there is not enough volume to justify 10%.:confused:" Hummmm OK He needs to change his Discount Sheets that his saleman hands out to customers. NO PROBLEM. I'v made it a practice of tipping the Yard Guys 10 bucks every time they load my trailer. This accomplishes 2 things they pick through the boards and give the me the best and load me as quick as they can. So, Now when they come looking for a tip I say ,"The manager has your 10 bucks ask him for it. So for the next 30 times you load me go ask the manager for your 10 bucks tip he's got it :D. Nawww I really would not do that to the guys that work in this heat but one of them just might whooop his *****$$. And I don't want to responsible for anyone getting what they deserve.:D

Adjuster

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Lumber Yard Woes

You need to get your 10% as agreed. The missing/disputed 5% is between the salesman and manager.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral

Here's the story I've been buying all my lumber to build my cabin on the lake from the same company since October of last year. (Sales guy is my wifes cousin.) And every thing has been cheaper than Lowes and other local yards.(I've checked around). Thing is he hands me a sheet of paper that says if I buy over 5 grand I'll get a 10% discount at the end of the month if I pay before the 10th:). Sounds good to me which I have done:). Last month I spent 3,800.00 which put me over the 5 grand mark (actually closer to 7grand) so I'm thinking thats a 380.00 dollar savings:eek:. Got my bill and it only showed a 5%discount no problem I'll just ask about it when I go to pay. Take all my reciets in and the lady says I'll have to ask the manager why he only gave you 5% instead of 10%. But he is not here today come back before the 10th. and I will ask him. Go back today and he is there says He said,"there is not enough volume to justify 10%.:confused:" Hummmm OK He needs to change his Discount Sheets that his saleman hands out to customers. NO PROBLEM. I'v made it a practice of tipping the Yard Guys 10 bucks every time they load my trailer. This accomplishes 2 things they pick through the boards and give the me the best and load me as quick as they can. So, Now when they come looking for a tip I say ,"The manager has your 10 bucks ask him for it. So for the next 30 times you load me go ask the manager for your 10 bucks tip he's got it :D. Nawww I really would not do that to the guys that work in this heat but one of them just might whooop his *****$$. And I don't want to responsible for anyone getting what they deserve.:D

You sure it is cumulative...and not $5000- / month??

tswiczko

Master Chief Petty Officer

sounds like that lost 5% is going to find it's way into his pocket.

If you have a it in writing that says 10% then 10% it should be. Is it a privately owned lumber yard or part of a large entity. If it is the latter then I would contact a regional office or manager and ask them how that written10% can be changed to what ever the local manager feels is appropriate for the situation:confused:

Autotech

Petty Officer 1st Class

sounds like that lost 5% is going to find it's way into his pocket.

If you have a it in writing that says 10% then 10% it should be. Is it a privately owned lumber yard or part of a large entity. :

Its a private lumber yard that is also a true value hardware store added with- in the last 4 years. It is in writing but I would not argue the point I don't want to get anyone in a fix: plus the sales and yard guys are the best in this area In my opinion. Just though his explanation was kind a lame. I guess I was kinda ticked because he would not come out and tell me himself. Yep and it is cumlative as far as I can tell on the paper.