Can anyone tell me what this boat is??

1meangto

Cadet
I want to buy it but not positive what it is. Or what it's worth any help is appreciated.
38086_415887654669_663399669_4369681_593763_n.jpg

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Can anyone tell me what this boat is??

real thirsty.

240 hp equals only 160 hp when you run it thru a jet drive. But it still uses 240 hp worth of gas.

1meangto

Cadet

Ok found out it's a 76 cvx18. I did buy it. It has a small block 415 crankshaft hp in it for a engine. I have yet to pick it up work's been crazy. I'll let everyone know how it go's soon. Cheers.......

soaringhiggy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Depending on the pump it can be a lot more efficient than a 30% loss. There are several designes. I can not tell what pump that has, by color it could be an old panther.

1meangto

Cadet

So I finally got the boat. Just got all the seats redone They turned out awesome!! It is a panther jet the registration card that came with the boat says it's a 1970 gt 150??? It's a 16 foot hull and originally came with a big block chevy. So still need help on what is actually is. also need some side bumpers and a reverse gate shifter.2011-08-14 20.22.43(1).jpg

oldjeep

Admiral

So I finally got the boat. Just got all the seats redone They turned out awesome!! It is a panther jet the registration card that came with the boat says it's a 1970 gt 150??? It's a 16 foot hull and originally came with a big block chevy. So still need help on what is actually is. also need some side bumpers and a reverse gate shifter.

A 1970 GT-150 should be a glastron runabout with an outboard. Does the HIN on the title match the one on the boat?

1meangto

Cadet

A 1970 GT-150 should be a glastron runabout with an outboard. Does the HIN on the title match the one on the boat?

Okay so I'm totally lost the state of MN tracked the registration numbers back to a glastron. But I think I just figured out that the boat is a 1970 Sidewinder with a maritec (panther) Jet drive. I need a windshield and some other parts just not sure what the boat is. where would the hull tag be? i think it's been painted over. Also no title just a bill of sale.

isleno1

Seaman Apprentice

The HIN (hull identification number) should be located on the rear of the transom on the starboard side. Keep in mind if the boat is older than 1979 (which is when it was mandatory for manufacturers to assign a HIN to a boat) there may not be any. If you only have a bill of sale, you will obtain a registration and possibly a title depending on that particular state when you apply for a registration in your name. If all the information does not match up to what the boat really is, you might have a boat that could be considered contraban by the laws in your area. That is how it is in most of the southern states. There is only 2 reasons why someone would not have the proper identification of a boat. !. because the boat was once stolen and the identity needs to be hidden. 2. The paper work on the boat was long lost and the person that is selling it to you has is not on record as the most current owner and is just trying to pass it off.

1meangto

Cadet

I bought it from my uncle and he actually got it from a junk yard. It is currently registered as a glastron maybe I should leave it alone. It has some kind of tag not much I can make out on it anymore.

It reads HIN skjs1307m74k
below that it says it was manufactured in Milwaukee WI

isleno1

Seaman Apprentice

The junk yard is probably where the problems came in. Maybe, just poor handling of paperwork at the junk yard. I have seen that when boats are picked up on a salvage situation. At any rate, those numbers are probably ligit. The first three digits or letters are the mic which is the manufacturers identification. The next numbers are the serial numbers and the boat was built in November of 1974. You might try the Coast Guard for information. They are who issues the mic number to the manufacturer which means the manufacturer is on record with them. They can tell you what year the company started in business and what year they went out of business if that is the case. They can also provide you with the address of the manufacturer and telephone number. Unfortunately I don't know what section of the Coast Guard to call.

Boobie Trap

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Looks like a Purple People eater to me!!

Eats the gas I bet!!

LX Kid

Ensign

I'm pretty sure that all of us would love to see some more pics. It's kinda unusual! Nice find and a great looking boat. Thanks

1meangto

Cadet

So does anyone know that manufacturer? Yes i can post some more pics up too.2011-08-15 17.04.58.jpg I have a few more just not on computer yet.

And sure does suck gas went through 20 gallons in 6.5 hrs.

It has a 422 crank horsepower 350 chevy in it.

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

More pics please...without the smoke please...lol :D

CVX20SPRINT

Petty Officer 1st Class

100% sure it is not a Glastron and about 90% sure it is a Sidewinder clone(there were a lot of them).

LX Kid

Ensign

So does anyone know that manufacturer? Yes i can post some more pics up too.View attachment 108178 I have a few more just not on computer yet.

And sure does suck gas went through 20 gallons in 6.5 hrs.

It has a 422 crank horsepower 350 chevy in it.

For the "type" of craft it is, that doesn't seem "too" outragious! After all it's not a 65hp fishing boat. It's made for "Shock and Awe!"

1meangto

Cadet

the boat was built in 1974 by Ski Boats Inc.

Their info pulled from the USCG MIC database is:

(SKJ) SKI BOATS INC, 12120 SILVER SPRING, MILWAUKEE WI 53225
Out Of Business 1976/09/29

Sharp Shooter

Petty Officer 1st Class

My brother has a boat just like that. His is powered by a 455 olds. I've seen many out here on the west coast. I'll see if I can find an original ad for it later when I get home.

Hull ID numbers were transom stamped after 72 not 79 as stated by someone above.