Omc drive and motor alingnment tool

acuraguy81

Petty Officer 1st Class
I am curious if there is any thing else I can use instead of having to buy this item for a one time use? I am puting in a new motor and have the drive off when puting back together i was curious if there is a size of pipe i can use.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Omc drive and motor alingnment tool

I am curious if there is any thing else I can use instead of having to buy this item for a one time use? I am puting in a new motor and have the drive off when puting back together i was curious if there is a size of pipe i can use.

Nope,... Nothing I've ever found....

Btw,... With a proper Maintanance schedule, it'll get Used atleast once a Year...;)

dougd59

Cadet

I found one made by a machinist in Chicago for $25 plus $12 shipping. Worked like a champ.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Here is the size pipe you need to find, and it must be accurate :p :rolleyes:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Alignment bar.jpg
    Alignment bar.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 0

acuraguy81

Petty Officer 1st Class

thanks to all. I thought i only needed to check the alignment if i pulled the motor out? I thought that was the only way to actually adjust the alignment?

cr2k

Captain

No you should be pulling your drive once a year ($8 gasket) and checking your alignment, checking lubing your U-Joints, drive splines and checking your Gimbal bearing and your bellows.

OR you can just forget about it and pay (thru the arse) people like Don or myself to fix it once it is really noticeable and expensive.

MLocke

Recruit

Lol dougd59, you got the Ohio guys listing.

Gary posted the Chicago guys :)