Bay Liner Capri refab

Matys

Cadet
Good day gents,

got this one for a bargain but it stood for 2 years,put new fuel plugs filters and cleaned the carbs but for some reason it just feels like its dead.

Took it out in the bay nice and easy started withe the second swing,and had a bit off smoke but soon stopped. At first the throttle did not open and i could see on the engine the carbs only opened 2/3 so i changed the control unit and it was more responsive.

It still takes time to plane,and at full rpm`s she seems low on sound and speed.Its got a 48 15inch 17 p prop. At full rpm`s the engine has a constant twitch and think it may be timing.

What shall i do cause its my first boat.

Would like some advise on changing the set in to a center console unit any ideas ?

Regards

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Bay Liner Capri refab

Ayuh,... What Motor,..?? What Drive,..??

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Twitch is often a misfire for whatever reason (ignition or fuel)
Just an initial 2 cents though.
Give as much info on the set up as you can.

Matys

Cadet

Its a mercury 1998 carb 200hp two stroke,at +- full rpm`s jerks and twitches. The previous owner took of the two stroke oil container and converted it to mixed gas but to me the pipe should not be connected to the oil pump or should it ? What puzzle`s me as well is its got a electric fuel pump but the engine`s fuel pump will draw as needed ...? Did a test idling and the engine kept on running.