Need part name and number

pugbro

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 1988 Johnson Outboard motor, 40hp, with manual tilt, on my Bass Buggy Pontoon boat. I was having a little trouble raising and lowering the motor near the end of the season last year..Now this year it is almost impossible for me to raise the motor in the full up-tilt.....After a little snooping I found the "black" plastic "thingie" on the end of the cable that moves the valve to be broken. I need 3 things....a part number, a part name, and if possible a supplier.

Also does anyone know a web site where you can get diagrams of these engines...I have found several sites that show pictures but they dont always show how one part fits into another one.

Thanks

KEEP IT FUN...KEEP IT SAVE!

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Need part name and number

Go to http://shop.evinrude.com/ Click on Electronic Parts Catalog, then click Johnson on the drop-down list where it defaults to Evinrude. Continue to navigate to your motor. You will find exploded views. Hope that is enough.

pugbro

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The problem I am having with all the sites you guys have suggested and the ones I have lucked out and found myself is that all the diagrams show views of power tilt/trim assemblies.....I have a manual tilt/trim and thus far no pictures or diagrams for manual.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

the tilt assist, unit is not detailed diagramed.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

It is detailed in the Midsection diagram