1977 24' fairliner sank in salt waater...want to restore.

jocko150

Recruit
I own a 77' fairliner. Boat sank when pumps gave out during heavy rains this winter. I want to restore it to running condition. Newbie at boat repair. I really liked this boat when it was running and want it back. Any suggestions or tips from any one?

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: 1977 24' fairliner sank in salt waater...want to restore.

Welcome to iboats!!

I'm not familiar with your boat and a picture or two would be nice ;) Photo instructions here http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=285637

Yes we have the best restoration section and people available. Sorry to hear about the sinking..... was it down long? What steps have you taken to dry it out? What about the motor??

We will do our best to get you the right answers to restore it right.

jonesg

Admiral

Thats a tough project, might need new power, new wiring too.
Then again, it depends on a lot of things such as did you get the engine cleared out asap and drain the boat and flush it.

jocko150

Recruit

Im assuming it will need new power and wiring...pretty much anything metal. It was down about 12 hours . i sprayed an anti salt spray on every thing I could reach and tried to pickle the engine but once I got the oil drain plug out I could not get it to reseal. Pretty sure I have nothing more than a good hull. I will get pictures soon.

jocko150

Recruit

oops, that would be 77' fiberform