Help please. Mercriuser mag 350 mpi bravo 3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliff Dewen

Recruit
I have just brought a campion allante 705 S/C<br />with a mag 350 mpi bravo 3 with 26 hours use.<br /><br />I took the boat out and it only revs to 2500 rpm.<br />Is there an limiter for running in?.<br />if so how do i change this.<br /><br />Or are there any suggestions to what may be the problem, i would be greatful if anyone can help.

hondon

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Help please. Mercriuser mag 350 mpi bravo 3 ?

Is this a brand new unit? If so ,what are you doing here? Why are'nt you barking up the dealers tree?At any rate that is not acceptable perfomance under any circumstances.

Cliff Dewen

Recruit

The unit has 31 hours use, i did speak to the dealer and he said it is only suppost to rev to 2500 revs, i suspected he was fobbing me off so i have now contacted Campion and they have spoke to the dealer.<br /><br />The boat now revs fine and i now know main dealers for boats can be the same as car main dealers.<br /><br />Thanks for your reply.<br /><br />B.Padlock

popazog

Cadet

I bought a 2002 Campion Chase 700... basicly the same as your Allante 705. I have a 350 mag Horizon / Bravo 1 with a 17" Mirage Plus prop. I was promised 60, but the boat only does 50 at 4500 RPM. I think the dealerships are prone to BS when it comes time to sell sell sell. Like you I got the run around from the dealership after my break in and now I am stuck with a boat I am not happy with. Out of curiosity what speed are you getting and what are your RPM and Prop numbers?

Cliff Dewen

Recruit

I am going down to the boat today and will look for the information and post it to you.<br /><br />Sorry i have taken a long time to reply to you

Status
Not open for further replies.