Johnson 15hp 2001 wont crank

SEAL7

Cadet
i had my boat on water last week, it cranked, turned over, then we ran it then shut it off. We cranked it again, it did for awhile then just started making a click im guessing in the solinoid. Does anyone know what is wrong?
the battery is fine and im pretty sure i checked all of the fuses.My yamaha 90 cranks right up with the same battery. Thanks, Evan

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral
Re: Johnson 15hp 2001 wont crank

You may need to check all your connections on you 15hp. Make sure they are clean of corrosion.

If your battery cranks your big motor fine, then it should definately crank the little one.:D

SEAL7

Cadet

Also, there is a rope start, one of those pull thingys, the rope wont pull out at all. Thanks again, Evan

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Also, there is a rope start, one of those pull thingys, the rope wont pull out at all. Thanks again, Evan

Does not sound very promising. Is it in neutral ??

SEAL7

Cadet

thanks all for the help, the thingy looked like it was in neutral but really wasnt, that engine likes messin with me, jerk, i like my big one better,
Thanks again, Evan

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

thanks all for the help, the thingy looked like it was in neutral but really wasnt, that engine likes messin with me, jerk, i like my big one better,
Thanks again, Evan

Rule of thumb. Check the simple things first. It can save you a fortune.
Glad all is now well.