Confused on year

nosgsxr

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Ok heres the deal. I have looked at all the links to the year model charts but i am so confused. The motor had no markings in the cover or on the paper work all i can find is the number on the mounting bracket. When i bought the boat the dude told me he thought it was a 150 but his buddy said he thought it was a 175. Any way can someone tell me what i have so if i do get ready to sell it i will know. Here is the number on the mount. OD154683. Any help would be great. Why did murcury have to make things so messed up. Lets just put a year model on the dang things. Lol

huntin dawg

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Confused on year

I can't pin it down to 150 or 175. The references I searched show the same serial number range for both.
Good luck.

HD

nosgsxr

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I know this is the crazy thing i have looked at Could you tell what year it is I think its a 1993 but thats only cause it on a 93 boat. HELP!!!

saumon

Lieutenant

From your serial#, it's a 1992 for sure.

Assuming you don't have an XR model or a FrankenMerc, the easiest way to tell wich engine you have is to look at the carbs:

a 150 will have WMH-13/B, WMH-23 or WMH-31 carbs while a 175 will have WMH-15, WMH-22 or WMH-33 carbs (you'll find the numbers stamped on the flange or the carbs throat).

nosgsxr

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Ok i will look and let u know. So is the carbs the only difference. I kinda needed to know so i can order parts. I know they r all about the same but i didnt have any ideal where to start. Now i know thank u

Fun Times

Staff member

Ok heres the deal. I have looked at all the links to the year model charts but i am so confused. The motor had no markings in the cover or on the paper work all i can find is the number on the mounting bracket. When i bought the boat the dude told me he thought it was a 150 but his buddy said he thought it was a 175. Any way can someone tell me what i have so if i do get ready to sell it i will know. Here is the number on the mount. OD154683. Any help would be great. Why did murcury have to make things so messed up. Lets just put a year model on the dang things. Lol
Here is the engines information.
Engine Serial Number: 0D154683 model number 1150412MD 1992 MERCURY 2.0L 150hp L
Manufacture Date: 02/14/1992

The Service manual part number from mercury would be 90-824052R3 That covers engine models 105/140 JET/135/150/175/200/225

nosgsxr

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Ok looking at the motor from in the boat on the left it has WMH and on the right it has 13-1 on the top carb. 13-2 on mid. And 13-3 on bottom carb. Now there r some other numbers below the above numbers and they are 0342. 0352 and 0352. What does this tell u

saumon

Lieutenant

So is the carbs the only difference.

Dunno, the porting could also be different, i'm not familiar with thoses engines.

ssheffer or another mod guru may help you on this...(some are known for being able to squeeze some extra ponnies from these blocks!)

nosgsxr

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Sorrry i didnt look at the above post till i posted thanks now i can start looking at parts. Yall are a huge help. THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!