motor outboard

joven2324

Cadet
i just want to know if i can put a 175hp force outboard to my bayliner 19 ft capri, originally it has 90 hp ob but when i bought it the motor was completely not working so im still looking for a motor to put on the boat. can somebody help me pls!!! and how long is the shaft to fit my bayliner capri boat? (outboard)

trendsetter240

Lieutenant
Re: motor outboard

i just want to know if i can put a 175hp force outboard to my bayliner 19 ft capri, originally it has 90 hp ob but when i bought it the motor was completely not working so im still looking for a motor to put on the boat. can somebody help me pls!!! and how long is the shaft to fit my bayliner capri boat? (outboard)

Hey joven, check the back of the boat for a metal plate that states the maximum horsepower allowed. You should not put a motor on that is more HP than the boat is rated for.

The bayliner is most likely a 20" transom. To find out for sure, take a measuring tape and meaure the transom dead center from the top where the motor sites to the bottom of the hull.

Welcome to iboats!

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

No you can't, for 2 reasons.

The boat is not rated for 175 hp.

And Force never made a 175 hp motor.

joven2324

Cadet

No you can't, for 2 reasons.

The boat is not rated for 175 hp.

And Force never made a 175 hp motor.
im sorry i mistakenly type 175force, its johnson 175 hp, my bad.

thanks so much, how about suzuki bran,you think the hole will fit in my boat?thanks again

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Somewhere back in the late 1980's, all outboard brands started using a standard BIA bolt pattern. You can always drill new holes if you need to.

Most important is to get a decent running motor.