Buying used fishing boat... Opinions??

walterpike

Recruit
I am in the market for a new "used" fishing boat and I have come across two I am interested in. They are both the same year and model but there are some differences I need help with. You will see in the linked pictures two very different dashes. One seems to be totaly digital and the other analog. Can someone answer a couple of questions for me... One: benefits and cons to either or and two: the analog seems to offer more options... Also, one has a Johnson V4 115 hp motor and the other has a Yamaha V4 115. Thoughts?

Thanks
http://s1041.photobucket.com/albums/b411/Galilayo/Boat Difference/

cr2k

Captain
Re: Buying used fishing boat... Opinions??

Dash is gonna be up to you, but I would take the Yamaha over the John-rude any day. If for nothing other than parts availability. But there are many more reasons.

TyeeMan

Master Chief Petty Officer

Personally I'd take the analog dash over the digital, if in fact it's truly digital. I couldn't tell by the picture. If for no other reason than the analog would/should be more reliabel, less electronic badness potential.
As for the outboard, , I love the OMC (Johnson/Evinrude) as much as the next guy, but as previousely stated, not that they are no longer in business parts at some point in time will be difficult to locate. Hate to say but the Yammi might be a better option.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

J/E motors are pretty darn near FULLY supported with parts by BRP. Heck it's easier to find parts for them than for some older Mercs and Merc is still in business! Yams are great engines as well. I would be most concerned with overall condition of the two rigs.

marcortez

Petty Officer 1st Class

It's a Ranger.....

No way you can go wrong, no matter what guages are in place.

Price right? well cared for? Motor is sound?

Do it.