making sure, this has been done to death

vwluv32

Seaman
On switching the pressurized system to the regular gas tank, I take the check valve out and silicone one of the cylinder grooves. I can then use the original outlet for the pressurized tank? Am I missing anything? Do I need a new gasket usually or is the old serviceable most of the time? And Do I trim the old gasket at the siliconed groove?

Thanks,
Chris

rjezuit

Chief Petty Officer
Re: making sure, this has been done to death

A lot of people just cut the hose short and plug it. Rick

vwluv32

Seaman

Im runnining a vacuum pump on it need the vacuum.
Chris

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

what are you doing. i cannot make heads or tails of it.

kbait

Commander

I hear you remove the valve system (for pressure.. not needed), and put a short hose over one of the 2 ports and plug it. Then you have a pulse system, as 2 ports would cancel each other.
Put on the old cover gasket, if intact, and hook the old 'pressure' line (now pulse) to your fuel pump pulse inlet w/new hose.

vwluv32

Seaman

Im switching from the old pressurized tank to the newer style tank

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Im switching from the old pressurized tank to the newer style tank

You are trying to do it as described in the Duckworks magazine article. Google it, I don't know the website because I don't do it that way. I put the pump on the bypass cover where it belongs. Except for the 5.5hp, which doesn't have bypass covers.

vwluv32

Seaman

FR any way you could give close up pics of the mod you do? I have seen one pic but it wasn't close enough to give a good feel for what was done and it was only a straight on pic.
Chris

F_R

Supreme Mariner

FR any way you could give close up pics of the mod you do? I have seen one pic but it wasn't close enough to give a good feel for what was done and it was only a straight on pic.
Chris

IF the motor has bypass covers and IF you can find a cover made for a fuel pump, it is a simple bolt-on deal. However, lacking a proper cover, I make an adapter plate to mount the pump. Exact details vary according to what motor we are working on. Here is an 18:

Attachments

• Fuel pump on 18hp 1959 2.jpg
    Fuel pump on 18hp 1959 2.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 0