My new assignment

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
some of you know what i do for a living, but for those who don't, I am a
CEI spcecializing in utilites.
Recently, I have had to report a sub who consequently got removed from the project we were on due to shoddy werk, grand theft and unsafe operating practices.
I cannot go into particulars because of the obligatory GOBS of litigation comming-down the pike. Anyhoo, since there are no utilities being placed, I have been moved to another project.
This project is SA WEEET!!! I werk three days (13,13,14Hours), and off one week. Not to mention, this job has vertually NO existing infrastructure to hit, and grade-A subs doing the werk.
It's like sitting in an airconditioned truck listening to Rush Limbaugh all day.
It's only for a short period, but I'm off werk right now, having done my time for the pay period...
I'm actually BORED!!!! Maybee this is my company's way of thanking me for being viigilant, or maybee they know they'll have to have me testify in the near future?
Either way, I'll take it, even if it is only for a short time. :)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: My new assignment

"It's like sitting in an airconditioned truck listening to Rush Limbaugh all day."

Bleau!! I don't like AC enough to do that, 12er.

Does sound like plenty of fishing time, though. :)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Sounds cool 12, but I do not understand the boredom? You should have a good project going with all that good FLA sunshine. Up here in the PNW, you just get an outside project going and it clouds up and rains on you. Two nites ago, I put a topcoat of paint on one of my shipping container tops. I woke up the next morning and it was raining. Got lucky, it must have held off long enough to let the enamel set up cause I went to check it yesterday afternoon and none of the paint had peeled up. Whew?

Get a project going!

JRJ

Commander

They ruined the inspecting jobs here. Now they expect you to not only watch the paint dry, but watch the grass grow and only 20minute breaks every 2 hours. All that, and no radio. At least they buy lunch lol

Well someone has to do it.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

Enjoy the break 12, the next one may not be so good!

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

It's like sitting in an airconditioned truck listening to Rush Limbaugh all day.

So I don't get it...you like the job or not...because that sounds like torture to me.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Nope. "Torture" this time of year in Florida is NOT sitting in the ac while diggin holes and the like. I've been there, done that, and at age 55, don't want any more of it.
And Boom, it is too hot for projects too. The garage will be a lonely place until November... Unless that stinking Yardman rider quits on me again. :rolleyes:
This project will only last for about 7 more months, and I may only be there for 6 weeks or so. But I am greatfull for the break i am getting. :)