Best bimini top?

lucky7

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Best bimini top?

check out the cargo bimini

Expidia

Commander

You don't give us much info to go with here.

New boat, used boat

Style

Money an issue

Salt or fresh

I bought a universal 3 bow Bimini from Overtons. Price was right at the time they were offering 10% off with free shipping in the early Spring. It was made by Westland (I think that's the name. Sunbrella fabric. Iboats probably price matches other online sites.

The only thing I can say good about it is the Sunbrella fabric. Few months after I bought it I touched a piling and it simply snapped in 1/2. The charged me like $50 tto replace the snapped bow. Because it's universal it's a sloppy fit too. the cheap nylon bow ends are crap too. Had to replace one of those.

If I had to do it again I would only have one made up buy a canvas shop who does them for boats.
I'd get stainless steel. And stainless steel fittings too. That's why I asked fresh or salt cause if it's salt you have to get stainless anyway.

But if it's an old boat or you don't care that much or money is an issue then go for a universal one from Iboats . . . they are all pretty much the same (Sunbrella is Sunbrella from who ever you get it from) and the aluminum frames and nylon fittings are all probably all made in China anyway.

I think I paid about $200 with free shipping and a matching boot (cover).
The boat dealer I bought my rig from wanted $700 from Lund.

If you really care about your boat and it's accessories then get one custom made for your exact boat from a canvas shop. A custom one runs about the same as the dealer's price.

motorjock1

Recruit

this is just a used fish and ski....fresh water. the ones im seeing are around $300. just wanted something while we pull the kids on a tube. i did see one web site selling them with a canvas top for $100. thanks for the input

1997 fisher f-18 fs

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

None of them are really cheap. The Sunbrella fabric is best but i have really liked the last two Sharkskin bimini tops i have owned too.The Sharkskin lasts very well and is light weight.
It is kind of one of those items that you get what you pay for.

The last one i bought was from Overtons.....Iboats could not sell it that cheap for some reason...

Expidia

Commander

Then if economy is the first concern check this shop out that I just Googled . . . Any bimini $99!

There must be more to their ad, but it's a start. Check them out.