Tracker Grizzly 1648 Help

steelers78

Recruit
I bought a 2000 Tracker Grizzly 1648 jon boat earlier in the year. I was wondering if anyone had any info or experience on building a permanent live well in this boat. I've seen the coolers mounted and things of that nature and although it works for some and doesn't look bad I really want to keep my floor clean and clear. I only have 2 ideas and here's the first I was gonna weld about a 2' extension off the small back deck and make 1 side a live well and the other side a storage box and it would serve as a platform to. The second is and I have no idea if I can but cut the top off the back corner bench and take the foam out and convert it into the live well. I would rather do that because I fish alone quite a bit and really have no need for the back platform idea most of the time not to mention a loss aluminum to buy and weld. I've talked to a couple boat dealers and they're not much help at all and I'm not sure about cutting the boat up and taking the foam out and that would really hurt. Any ideas or thoughts from anyone would be greatly appreciated and any pictures of some ideas would help out as well. The site or picture below is this years boat but mine looks just about the same.

specs.cfm

Vanover

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Tracker Grizzly 1648 Help

My 1754 came with a live well. I thinks its a kit you can get from tracker now. It was a 450.00 option. Hope this helps.

Bill Doyle

Cadet
Re: Tracker Grizzly 1648 Help

Just ordered my 1860 yesterday and was told by my dealer that the VersaTrack system has always been a feature on the Grizzly line. That having been said; my livewell is an integral part of my console setup I believe. Also, the console attaches to the VT slot along the gunwale and then gets screwed into the floor. As your boat is a 2000; I don't know if it has a built in floor as they were still optional up until a year ago. Hope some part of this was helpful.
BD
;)