Cobalt Anniversary Edition

Rwebber77

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Can anyone tell me an what year Cobalt has an anniversary edition? I want to go look at one because the owner states its an anniversary edition with the teak interior and 5.7L but don't want to make the drive until I at least know the year. Oh, and the owner has no idea what the difference is between a dingy and a boat...he has no idea on year.

haulnazz15

Captain
Re: Cobalt Anniversary Edition

Can anyone tell me an what year Cobalt has an anniversary edition? I want to go look at one because the owner states its an anniversary edition with the teak interior and 5.7L but don't want to make the drive until I at least know the year. Oh, and the owner has no idea what the difference is between a dingy and a boat...he has no idea on year.

If you get the hull-identification humber on the back, it will tell you everything you need to know. Anniversary Editions mean jack squat. The HIN will tell you the year, it's will be on the upper right corner of the hull, usually below the rub-rail.

Rwebber77

Petty Officer 3rd Class

If you get the hull-identification humber on the back, it will tell you everything you need to know. Anniversary Editions mean jack squat. The HIN will tell you the year, it's will be on the upper right corner of the hull, usually below the rub-rail.

Good to know. I am planning to make the drive tomorrow and check everything out.

180shabah

Rear Admiral

So the seller has no idea what he is selling, will he be able to produce paperwork at the time of sale?

Rwebber77

Petty Officer 3rd Class

So the seller has no idea what he is selling, will he be able to produce paperwork at the time of sale?

The guy has no idea what he has and said he has the title but needs to find it. He purchased the contents of a storage barn and already has a nice boat so he wants to sell this one. Fact is, if he can't produce paperwork I'll probably run the other way. He "thinks" its a 1989 21' bowrider and is only asking $3200 with written mechanical inspection from a third party.

JoLin

Vice Admiral

Good to know. I am planning to make the drive tomorrow and check everything out.

First 3 characters tell you the manufacturer, last 2 digits give you the year.

Good luck!