Johnson Super Seahorse 35 Hp

PBKboater

Seaman
HI all, My Son in law has a Johson Super Seahorse 35 Hp and we are trying to get it running. So starting with the basics we need a manual so we can get the compression #'s firing order and wiring diagram. It fires up but won't stay running. And getting hot wires while cranking engine over. And last but not least need to identify year and so on. The serial # is 1843679 and I think the model is EDSL-20 ( kinda hard to read numbers). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks PBKboater

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral
Re: Johnson Super Seahorse 35 Hp

The top secret files here can be of great help to you.:cool:

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral

Unless I am missing something, firing order is irrelevent per se.....but would be either 1-2 or possibly 2-1...;)

What you need to do is match the correct lead with the right plug....that can be a tag on the plug wire ...number 1 is top (usually) ...or you can trace the circuit from the points/coil under flywheel.

PBKboater

Seaman

Thanks Tim, I feel like a dork now Duh' I wasn't thinking there are just 2 cylinders,,,,, gotta nail down what year this motor is. I'm use to big block V 8's. Whole deferent world now ( outboards )

bktheking

Vice Admiral

Thanks Tim, I feel like a dork now Duh' I wasn't thinking there are just 2 cylinders,,,,, gotta nail down what year this motor is. I'm use to big block V 8's. Whole deferent world now ( outboards )

Actually they do make a 3 cylinder 35hp, it's a later model so in that case it would make a difference. You won't find compression numbers in a book, measure them and report back. As far as firing order, it starts so no need to worry about that. If it's got good spark and compression when it dies i'm led to believe it's a fuel delivery problem.

lindy46

Captain

HI all, My Son in law has a Johson Super Seahorse 35 Hp and we are trying to get it running. So starting with the basics we need a manual so we can get the compression #'s firing order and wiring diagram. It fires up but won't stay running. And getting hot wires while cranking engine over. And last but not least need to identify year and so on. The serial # is 1843679 and I think the model is EDSL-20 ( kinda hard to read numbers). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks PBKboater

RDSL-20 wouold be a 1958

Jet Star

Seaman

i just got a 58 35 hp superseahorse as well model rds-20 that i need to get running i know nothing about it and just learning about outboards so i will be lurking your threads

F_R

Supreme Mariner

i just got a 58 35 hp superseahorse as well model rds-20 that i need to get running i know nothing about it and just learning about outboards so i will be lurking your threads

Jet Star, if you have questions, please start a new thread. Othrwise we waste a lot of time reading through all the previous stuff before ever getting to you and your question.

caper1974

Recruit

For the person wondering about fire...the top wire has a metal clip on it...These motors have points (not cdi) so setting points may be solution if bad fire ...good fire carbs!These are exelent motors but love their fuel!!!