Back into Boating!

ndemge

Commander
After 3 years boat-less, getting back !

Wednesday going to take a wet test on an '89 Celebrity 181 Bowrider. 4.3 with 200 hours on the new engine. Alpha with SS prop.

Buying from a very good friend that truely knows how to take care of what he owns.

....Last boat was a '89 Celebrity 210 Bowrider. Going in reverse on the size, but this will be a bit more fuel efficient.

ndemge

Commander
Re: Back into Boating!

boat181mn4.jpg

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Are you sure you want that boat?
It has Il registration on it. :)

ndemge

Commander

Whats wrong with IL reg?

...SS- VERY well taken care of. A Good friend has had it since '98 and anything he owns gets in better condition as it ages.

ndemge

Commander

Brought this baby home this morning.

The lake was very choppy today with white caps, it handled it very well, topped 40mph with no problems.

Rock solid boat. Trailer tires are the only thing that need to be taken care of, they have dry rotted with full tread still left, was with most trailers.

stevieray

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Celebrity Ownership! I have an '88 230CC - 21ft cuddy with the 305 V8/Alpha 1 package. Got 18 seasons of good times on her...and counting. :p

Have fun trying to work on the engine - little tight in there. Celebrity shop must have been full of short shi...no...dwar...no...lilliput...no...dam, what's the PC term for effin' midgets? :D

ndemge

Commander

The 2 side compartments are open to the engine compartment, with a piece of that orange construction fencing fastened into place on each side. My guess is that there must have originally been a full compartment, and when the swapped the engine, removed it. Looking at it, didn't see anything wrong with the way it's setup, just light storage back there.

stevieray

Lieutenant Junior Grade

The 3 cushions on top come off & you have to crawl down in there behind the bench seat to get at it, right? That's the way mine's set up anyways. I'm 6 ft 3, 205 & have to go thru all kinds of contortions to get in there. And I never fail to forget a wrench (or 2).

I could take out the whole bench seat since it does bolt in - but that's at least a half day's work in itself.

ndemge

Commander

We finally got to take it out this weekend.

Too cold to go swiming myself, but the kids braved the beach for an hour.

This right here makes it worth every second of work to be able to play on the water:

Lester... We have a new worm ripper:

159023304-M.jpg

Almost 4 years ago, we sold our 21' celebrity. It needed work, we needed $.

At the marina this weekend, I was standing at the counter, look through the window, and immediatly saw my first boat, like an old friend sitting there. It had been bought by the marina to use as a rental boat.

It had gotten all the needed repairs, the seats, floor, carpet, all replaced.
The old 305v8 with OMC800 had been replaced with a EFI 5.7 Merc.

Glad to see the old girl getting some good use.
159023846-M.jpg

Last edited: