Hows everyone feel bout getting flu and H1N1 shots for self and kids?

Hows everyone feel bout getting flu and H1N1 shots for self and kids?

• Get just the H1N1 shot?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Hows everyone feel bout getting flu and H1N1 shots for self and kids?

My son's pediatricians office just told my wife yesterday they aren't administering them. Sounds like there isn't enough to go around.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Based on the choices on the poll I chose just get the flu shot. If there was a choice for none thats the one I would have picked.
I think the H1N1 shot is to new, not enough testing. In 5 years they will tell you reasearch has found that it causes your feet to fall off or something :eek: I personally won't let my kids be guinea pigs
As far as the flu shot is concerned, the only time I get the flu is when I get the shot.
As long as you constantly wash your hands, pay attention to hand to mouth, face actions especially if your always shaking hands with people, you should be fine. I'm O.C.D. so for me it's normal

But thats only my opinion, I could be wrong

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

Where is the option for "No vaccines for me"?

I am a guy the vaccine pushers wish didn't exist. I've never gotten the flu shot and only ever had the flu twice, in 33 years. Heck, I consider getting a cold coughing twice, simply because I never get sick. My wife and I joke about it, as I just seem to have the perfect immune system. Hard to sell vaccines when people live perfectly healthy without them.

I rank vaccines right up there with diet pills. They may do what they advertise, but at what cost to your overall health? What immunity is your body not producing by injecting yourself and children with vaccines? Newton's 3rd law applies here as well.

_chris_

Chief Petty Officer

I think I have only had the flu once or twice and that was when I was in school. In my adult life I have had my share of colds but not the flu and I have never had a flu shot and don't plan on getting one. Also I am not one of those people that ever use antibacterial anything on a regular basis so I think I am immune to alot because of it.

Bigprairie1

Commander

I'm with Lowkee....NO shots for me at this point. I don't tend to get many illnesses of this nature. It seems the more hype they put on this the less interested I am in getting a shot. I've never taken up that whole flu shot thing and apparently I'm still here.;)
The people most affected by this flu strain are kids, young people and aboriginal people (for some reason). The older generation seems to have a better immunity to it....figures.
The hype is sure working tho'....now when somebody coughs somewhere in public its like somebody lobbed a grenade near them when you watch peoples reaction around them.:eek:
My two bits.
BP:cool::)

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral

Guess you guys aren't old enough to remember polio?

Fl_Richard

Lieutenant

Missed the entry - When donkeys fly!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The seven health care pros in my family are unanimous. Get both, particularly for children.

Refusing preventive medicine is not macho or cool, it is very uncool.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

I was given a flu shot earlier this month and based on the way the flu (could be h1n1) has taken hold around here and up north of me I would take the h1n1 shot if offered.

I admit I have played tough guy long enough and never got the t-shirt for doing it........

windsors03cobra

Lieutenant Junior Grade

My daughter just started a new daycare and we had a regular check up scheduled so they asked if we wanted the shot for her and decided to get it, if it saves her from getting sick/ill its totally worth it and with being around a dozen or so kids you know that stuff is communicable.
I was a bit dismayed when the nurse gave her the shot she told us we would need to come back in a month for a booster because its my daughters first flu shot. Someone else mentioned it might be for the pig flu but I don't think it is.

Should she get the pig flu shot as well ? She eats like a little pig at 3 years of age. :cool:

My wife and I are not getting flu shots. We normally do not get sick often and can usually beat out a cold or sickness early on with zicam, a bottle of nyquil or tylenol cold liquid.
I think the media is really trumping this crap up and its a bit ridiculous I have heard that 35,000 people die from the flu a year I'm guessing most of whom were in poor health prior to the flu.

dr_bowtie

Petty Officer 1st Class

I signed all my kids papers NO FLU SHOT...

they are closing schools left and right here....the ones that already got the shot are getting the H1N1 and last week 2 school were 98% absent with flu outbreak....

My oldest kids school should be giving them out next week...I am curious to see it that school fares...

skargo

Banned

Guess you guys aren't old enough to remember polio?

H1N1 does not = Polio.

My take on this is way to political for me to post here.

Think of this tomorrow when you get in your car, you chance of dying from your commute is MUCH greater than Dying from H1N1. I've had a nice and nephew, and two friends who all had verified H1N1. It's the FLU for crying out loud. Same as any other seasonal flu, it CAN bring on complications, just like any other seasonal flu.

Once again, mass hysteria in my opinion! I have a liver disease, was in the ER last week for kidney stones, and I most definitely will NOT be getting a FLU shot.

tallcanadian

Captain

People die every year from all types of flu. I know this is important and all but I sometimes think that maybe sometimes these things are blown way out of proportion. I've never had a flu shot and have no intentions of getting any. And I don't plan on visiting any schools in the near future. They are a breeding ground for germs.

v1_0

Chief Petty Officer

I agree with the others that ask "Why is there not a poll option like 'none of the above'" for those of us who will NOT be getting any flu shots, H1N1 or otherwise?

Besides, I think it already made its round of our family. But its hard to match the, whatever it was, with all the hype - you'd think it was something along the lines of the bubonic plague from all the press about it. All we had was a lowgrade fever, chest cold, headache on the first day, coughing, and sniffling. It did last a bit longer than a normal cold (about a week) but never did we feel that anyone was in danger... In fact, I had to force the kids to rest - otherwise they would be running around (outside) like normal.

Moody Blue

Captain

I chose none of the above. No vaccines for me. Media hype is causing mass hysteria. Emergency rooms and clinics are packed with people terrified they are going to die from the flu. Blown way out of proportion IMO.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Personally I just don't volunteer for anything that involves a needle :)

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Why break my own record of no flu shots ever and wait I have never been sick,yes I have had sniffles and a cough but never the flu,can't see why you would want to inject yourself with any virus, just my thoughts

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral

H1N1 does not = Polio.

My take on this is way to political for me to post here.

Think of this tomorrow when you get in your car, you chance of dying from your commute is MUCH greater than Dying from H1N1. I've had a nice and nephew, and two friends who all had verified H1N1. It's the FLU for crying out loud. Same as any other seasonal flu, it CAN bring on complications, just like any other seasonal flu.

Once again, mass hysteria in my opinion! I have a liver disease, was in the ER last week for kidney stones, and I most definitely will NOT be getting a FLU shot.

Agree on the Flu hysteria. Don't agree on the general anti-vaccine fad that is running around.

Status
Not open for further replies.