Looking for a Faria Gauge

Twinz

Cadet
As you can see, the previous boat owner replaced the tachometer with an aftermarket unit that does not match the other stock gauges.
gaugecluster.jpg

According to the Bayliner on-line parts catalog the correct gauge is Item #6 Part Number: 1717989 Description: GAUGE, TACHOMETER 4" KRONOS SS

This is a Faria gauge and when I look on their website I cannot find the Kronos SS model.

Where can I find this tachometer to match my existing gauges? Why didn't the original Owner send the gauge back to Faria for repair? Are their tachs that bad?

Rocky_Road

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Looking for a Faria Gauge

Try here: http://greatlakesskipper.com/index.cfm

You can get the Faria part number (and the series) right off the face of your gauges...just read the small numbers just below the bezel. This will make more sense than a part number that your boat manufacturer supplies.

If you have further trouble, here are some direct contact numbers for some great Faria people:

"My name is Jason Blackburn and I am Vice President of Sales and Marketing at the Thomas G. Faria Corporation. Please allow me to confirm that Faria is not closing rather reducing production during the economic downturn. I am a boater myself and understand the often urgent nature of replacing or obtaining technical service on instruments. I have personally serviced and supported the US Marine (all brands) account since 1993 and stand ready to answer any and all calls and other correspondence regarding Faria instruments. That noted, if you need to contact Faria or have any questions whatsoever, please do not hesitate to contact us at any of the phone numbers below:

Jason Blackburn
VP of Sales and Marketing
ph. 860-848-9271 x1212
cell. 860-912-4039
fax. 860-848-2704
email. jasonb@faria-instruments.com

Jessica Goins
Marine Sales Manager
ph. 860-848-9271 x1217
cell. 401-486-2983
email. jessicab@faria-instruments.com

John G. Alexopoulos
Marine Sales Representative (including US Marine, BBG, et al)
ph. 860-848-9271 x1301
cell. 860-608-3257
email. johna@faria-instruments.com

Ted Genard
Customer Service Manager
ph. 800-473-2742
tedg@faria-instruments.com

All the best and Happy Boating!

My very best regards - Jason

erie_guy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Twinz,

I agree with RockyRoad they are a great company to work with. I had a temperature gauge repaired (i.e. replaced) this summer after working with Customer service representative Mr. Ted Genard to determine it was the gauge and not the sender. About 5 years ago, over the winter layup, I sent a pair of tachs and the synchronizer gauge back to them for recalibration (they seemed to be inaccurate) and was pleased with the result after reinstalling on my new-to-me/used Chris Craft. They are quick to reply to emails and returns take only a couple of weeks. Other than that, I have not had problems with their gauges.

I would advise talking to Mr. Genard and determine if he can get an exact replacement for the gauge you show. He may want both gauges returned to get an exact match.

Lots of luck with your project.

erie_guy
Port Clinton, OH

Jeep Man

Commander

Try here: http://greatlakesskipper.com/index.cfm

You can get the Faria part number (and the series) right off the face of your gauges...just read the small numbers just below the bezel. This will make more sense than a part number that your boat manufacturer supplies.

If you have further trouble, here are some direct contact numbers for some great Faria people:

"My name is Jason Blackburn and I am Vice President of Sales and Marketing at the Thomas G. Faria Corporation. Please allow me to confirm that Faria is not closing rather reducing production during the economic downturn. I am a boater myself and understand the often urgent nature of replacing or obtaining technical service on instruments. I have personally serviced and supported the US Marine (all brands) account since 1993 and stand ready to answer any and all calls and other correspondence regarding Faria instruments. That noted, if you need to contact Faria or have any questions whatsoever, please do not hesitate to contact us at any of the phone numbers below:

Jason Blackburn
VP of Sales and Marketing
ph. 860-848-9271 x1212
cell. 860-912-4039
fax. 860-848-2704
email. jasonb@faria-instruments.com

Jessica Goins
Marine Sales Manager
ph. 860-848-9271 x1217
cell. 401-486-2983
email. jessicab@faria-instruments.com

John G. Alexopoulos
Marine Sales Representative (including US Marine, BBG, et al)
ph. 860-848-9271 x1301
cell. 860-608-3257
email. johna@faria-instruments.com

Ted Genard
Customer Service Manager
ph. 800-473-2742
tedg@faria-instruments.com

All the best and Happy Boating!

My very best regards - Jason

Can you say "SERVICE". You can't get better customer service than this.