alarm

Joey Cannon

Recruit
alarm came on when running motor full speed. Never done it before. 40hp 2000 mercury. now it comes on as soon as the key is turn on. pumping water and using oil.
any suggestions?

browns44

Cadet
Re: alarm

I had the same problem. My engine voltage regulator was bad. You can pick one up at Go2Marine on the net for around $100.00.
browns44

macbee

Cadet

I had the same problem. My engine voltage regulator was bad. You can pick one up at Go2Marine on the net for around $100.00.
browns44

Can you please tell me how you found out that your regulator was at fault and that this was the cause of the alarm sounding.
I am having alarm problems too.

kriphead

Cadet

Hi, interested in this as well.

I was tired of the alarm and just unplugged 1 wire from the oil container to stop the noise, however this is of course only a short term fix.

Engine uses oil fine, but I get the same alarm as I used to when oil tank was close to empty..... How did you trouble shoot?

Last edited:

pinellas50

Petty Officer 1st Class

OP, was the alarm a steady alarm or was it beeping?

Kriphead, it sounds like you already did all the trouble shooting. It sounds like the magnet for the low oil level sensor fell off inside the tank. The only thing you can do is replace the tank........or just leave the sensor unplugged if you are sure you will never really run low on oil in the tank. I chose to replace mine. The tank was about $85 if memory serves. It was a pretty easy job to replace it as well.----I say all this based upon my expierence with my 96 115 Mariner.